I am on the Petrol Prices.com site because in the Forest of Dean we have quite a variety of prices and often it useful to check for prices en route if we are going out of the Forest for example through Gloucester or over the Severn Bridge to see where the best and easiest cheap petrol sites are.

Thought I would use it on a test this morning to search for petrol prices in other locations and tried Land's End - and found there were two stations, one at about £1.25 and the other at £1.30.

It means it is ONE way I can do a check of likely locations to use the satnav to search for cheap petrol. Can now do some homework to work out likely refill points, and best stations!

MUT

This thread might be a useful place to also ask about Petrol Stations open when we are on long night legs. Where else to fuel between:

Wetherby > Carter Bar > Knockhill > skiach ?

Gledrid > Monmouth > Okehampton

This seems to be a top tip needed by newbies that's not really covered in the Road Book - ( I know I should have asked) and is especially needed by those of us with small tanks and uncertain of both gauge and range.

Team 24 - "Two does 'em"

The question was asked on Saturday and rather dismissed, which isn't as unfair as it sounds. Somebody said "you can all cover 200 miles on a tank" - well, I can say that at least one of my Triumphs really doesn't, and yet it managed the RBRR without any low fuel problems.

Wetherby to Knockhill - plenty of fuel on the A1, not so much on the A68, but there is fuel in Jedburgh and Perth (the latter is a quarter mile detour).

Gledrid to Okehampton - not much fuel in Wales, so fill up at Gledrid. It's a bit better after Monmouth, and once you're out of Wales you're on the M5. No shortage of fuel there.

I posted this on the RBRR facebook group earlier, posting it here for the few who don't frequent the facebook group.    

Looking at the last run, this is where we filled up and the mileage between.

1 brimmed the tank in Stevenage before start.

2. Whetherby 200 miles.

3. Jedburgh 146 miles.

4. Kinross 83 miles.

5. Skiach 156 miles.

6. Wick Tesco's 92 miles,

7. Skiach 155 miles.

8. Stirling 195 miles.

9. Tebay156 miles.

10. Gledrid 140 miles.

11. Between Abergavenny and Monmouth ( I think this was at the new control) 155 miles.

12.Okehampton 159 miles.

13 Bude 200 miles.

14. Salisbury 189 miles.

15 Knebworth after finish 134 miles.

Route is slightly different this time but we will go through all these locations. I'd also advocate taking a can full of petrol as a back up.