Use Bt Mydonte this time?

At work they are currently big on trying to get people to use BT Mydonate instead of Just Giving as the commission is much lower (MyDonate is commission free, just 13p/15p per card transaction, Just Giving is approx. 6% I think)

https://mydonate.bt.com/charity/search.html

Could end up with 5K+ extra being given to the charity, sounds good to me, well if I have read it right.

Must be worth looking into.

Cheers

is the BT my donate on line or is it a text giving service?

If it's via text then Vodafone justtextgiving is better as 100% of donations goes to the charity, Vodafone basically cover all the costs of the service as part of their charity foundation. But  it's only via text and not on line although it can be tied to a just giving page for any donators who don't want to use a text service, albeit with the normal just giving charges for on line.

Any system involving only texts is going to be restrictive.

For example while I do text I don't often bother and there are people who won't do it at all, and use their mobile only for voice calls preferring to use the internet for 'written' things.

What ever system is chosen must be one which makes it easy for the greatest number of people or else we will not get them donating.

MUT

Quoted from kin74
Just to ask, is it a mandatory to use to common platform or each team can collect money by its own?

Think of Tim and the other poor organisers who would have to keep track on all this and bring it into one unified amount of money collected.

No just use one platform

MUT

Quoted from TedTaylor

Think of Tim and the other poor organisers who would have to keep track on all this and bring it into one unified amount of money collected.

No just use one platform

MUT

That's fine for me, I just thought that each team was responsible of its own raising and only at the end of the "campaign" gave the whole amount to the RBRR team.

Quoted from kin74

Just to ask, is it a mandatory to use to common platform or each team can collect money by its own?

As far as I recall, each team can have their own page and it should link back to the Charity?

At least, the Rescue Boat I am a member off regularly has people fundraise for them, and by naming the boat (we are an independent charity) it links to us.

Phil