Strictly speaking a 'finish' is going via all 15 controls, however because of problems some crews could not get to them all, I include myself in this.

We have,like we have in previous years,given 'Finishers Awards' to who visited most of the stops- remember some of the stops closed before some crews could get to them.

I feel much better now having got round all the stops.. I nearly ran for home after Pimperne but then I got involved in some triumph meddling with my tool box and felt 'restored ' will you divulge the numbers for all who got to each stop as I was lulled into a false sense of security by the marshalls telling me that their were loads of crews still to come behind me only to be third from last home at the plough.

Of all the stops Pimperne was the most relaxed ...nice cake too.

Even more thanks to Tim, Nigel ,Derek ,the marshallsand everyone involved in arranging the RBRR I hope everyone realises how much work they have put in. You can have your lives back now (at least until 2008).

Can't wait till 08 ..... but must save up!

Darren

Darren,

Thank you for the kind quotes, after your experiences in '04, we are all pleased that you finished. Sounds like a manual conversion would be a good idea for the car.

Still a fair amount of post-RBRR work to be done- next week for that though.

Already starting to think about next time, I've got a few ideas that I'd like to implement.

I thought the Pimperne and Lands End stops were very good. John and the Southern Area did the Club proud at Pimperne.

Tim

Yes my thanks especially to Pimperne too.  Its there that the only 'problems' were rearing their heads. I had a split hose that draws excess air from the rockers out to the inlet manifold which meant I was pinking badly, and due to the seals wearing out my breaks were spongy.

All sorted with a cheery disposition. A pipe was found that although not perfect would get me back to the finish and my front breaks bled to aid peddle feel for a short time more.

The relaxed atmosphere is hugely welcome when one is that tired from all the previous hours driving and lack of sleep.  The Pimperne team really did a super job knowing how 'grouchy' people may have been by then!! :P

Archived