Once again I need to ask for some assistance.  If you haven't already heard, we spun out in the GT6 and ended up in a ditch on the A68 just off the A1.  My co-driver and I are OK, but I am going to have to find a place to store and repair My GT6.  The car has to be in a semi-drivable state to ship back to the US.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  

Hello Pat, I cannot offer any help but may I just say on behalf of everyone in CT just how gutted we are for you two. Everyone I spoke to was keen to hear how you were and we are all thankful that you are safe. To go to the effort of bringing your car over (again!) to take part in our event only to have it turn out like this is a real, crying shame.
Take care, I hope this has not put you off playing out with us in future :)

Hi Pat,

Heard about what happened when we got to Edinburgh and were gutted for you to hear what happened.

An hour or two after Edinburgh it was out turn to spin off in the GT6, courtesy of a Stag that ran out in front of us in the Scottish Highlands on the A9 , Mark swerved to avoid it and we did at least two 360s off the road and into a bank. We  managed to get the car back on the road and straightened a bent rear tie rod as best we could. Drove on and got as far as John O'Groats. Tried to do a better repair there as the rod was still a bit bent and it snapped so it was game over for us, but fortunately neither driver nor passenger was injured. At least our car is a fairly easy repair after our off, replace tie rod, fix dented rear and front valances, dress back distorted wheel arch flange, fix handbrake cable.....

Really hope you manage to get your car sorted quickly and back to the US, it's a lovely car and I like the real cool registration number, we were admiring it when we overtook you on the A1 just before the A68 so not long before your incident. I was hoping to get some pictures of your car at Edinburgh but it was not to be.... :(

Glad both GT6 crews are OK, cars can be fixed. People a little more difficult.

Hope you don't mind me saying Cook1e but in the Lucozade advert the GT6 does not spin.....................................

Were you doing the Club Triumph sequel  ;) ;) ;)

As i said before Pat we need a list for the bits needed. To me it doesn't look that bad. By this i mean we can get it road worthy quite quickly and get you home. However if i know what im coming down to do then i can prepair better. By the looks of it you need a front windscreen, rear tail gate screen and a hammer and tools to tap out the pannel to get it road worthy. Would really appreciate if you could get in touch. Chris.

A large strop and a good tug will ease it back up. He just needs it road worthy to get it home.

If the help isnt wanted then please say so...........I took it that help was needed as per the title but if you guys have sorted something else out then please let me know.

Also the longer you leave it the more it will fill with water. I have a cover that i will happily donate just to try and stop the damp damaging the interior. As for a windscreen you just need a large sheet of flexible laminate. You temporarily fix it to the screen and it doesn't matter if its a bit bent. In the Royal Marines its about getting the job done.

PAT please let me know. Chris.

Pat

Glad to see you are OK.

There are plenty of people about that can assist you.

Where do you need to get the car to?? Where does it need to go the other end??

It looks like it is still drivable (We did think about asking if you wanted us all to fish it out so you could carry on).

You may find your insurance would like to get it repaired in the UK (depends on the exchange rate), it may even be a better option for you, that I obviously don't know, but cast-iron recommendadions can be obtained for a few companies in the UK.

You may wish to get it out of the yard where it is, for security, and they do sometimes have a habit of "fleecing" people with extortionate fees.

Again, I am sure secure storage could be found for you very quickly.

Cheers

Colin

p.s. where did that ambulance come from?? Did it actually respond in 2-3 minutes, or a very lucky co-incidence?

Archived