A sad reflection I guess, on the economic climate that we find ourselves in Colin.

Probably insurance costs for younger drivers may be prohibiting some possible drivers from taking part. In 2016 my son (who did the last RBRR as a passenger) will be 17, very doubtful that he will be able to compete as a full co-driver until 2024!

Colin.

Yes we have had a flurry of withdrawals but to be honest, the closer we are to 100 the easier the event is to run. Critical mass for the RBRR is pretty low really so the viability of the event is not threatened but we do like to get as many cars on the road as possible.
The recent activity has probably been because we were approaching the end of August, i.e. the point where refunds are no longer made so I doubt people will pull out now, they will try and get their cars ready and push on. Some will fail to get the cars ready at the last minute and not turn up on the day, we usually get 3 or 4 last minute drop outs.