Triumph to the rescue

dazzer

Whilst the rally 2000 is being rebuilt im using a standard 84 renault 5 TL to do the odd historic event to keep my hand in. Last Sunday we did the Clwyd Vale historic rally and had a bit of a comedy incident. On a regularity section 21 mph I managed with great skill to put it on its side!
Spookily to the rescue  and first car on the scene was Cliff England and Peter Rushforth in their Triumph 2000 MK1! They helped us out and got us back on our wheels in minutes. Many thanks guys.

I think this is an omen to get back in the Triumph as soon as.

For anyone interested in putting a 5 on its side here's the instruction: Drive as fast in reverse as the 1108cc engine will take you (which isnt very fast at all) on a narrow banked lane (as the car blocking the lane wouldnt move) and then attempt to reverse steer into an entrance of a field about 50 yards back. Heres the trick also slam on the innefective brakes as you approach. Job done straight over. Unlike our trusty big saloons which dont even twitch at this manouvre the French love a bit of torsion bar lean over fun.

Finshed the rally and drove the car home to North Yorkshire and apart from the offside  Front wing, A post, Door, B post, Rear Wing, roof and guttering the damage isnt too bad!
Cheers
Dazzer