Master cylinder specs

shedmonkey

Hello Stag people I was wondering if anyone could tell me the spec and dimentions for a stag dual circiut master cylinder? in particulat the distance between the mouting holes and the diameter of the resivior
Many Thanks in advance - or point me to a diagram some where for the part number -is the part number GMC218 ? Cheers again

ajp wrote:
cheers Lovely!

If you are after a stag master cylinder I have one in my pile of bits that you are welcome to, drop me a pm with your address and Ill stick it in the post. It was working Ok when removed - I fitted a bmw servo and master cylinder to my stag - reduces the pedal effort for Anne.

mikew wrote:

If you are after a stag master cylinder I have one in my pile of bits that you are welcome to, drop me a pm with your address and Ill stick it in the post. It was working Ok when removed - I fitted a bmw servo and master cylinder to my stag - reduces the pedal effort for Anne.

Mike did you have to move the clutch M/C over to fit the bmw servo in?
Cheers Steve

stagdad wrote:

Mike did you have to move the clutch M/C over to fit the bmw servo in?
Cheers Steve

Yes, this moves 30mm or so towards the centre of the car, on a bracket that you weld to the pedal holder. the pedal remains where it is, and uses an offset pin to connect with the master cylinder

the inner wing requires modification too ( large hammer required) to make a little space for the larger servo, and the servo mount holes need redrilling.

It reduces pedal pressure enough for Anne to be comfy driving it. ALso replacement bmw master cylinders are £38 so when it needs attention its cheap

That brill Mike thanks,i already have the bmw servo and M/C sitting in my shed.I know of a few fitted to autos but you are the first i know off to fit it to a manual and was wondering if it was easily do-able,doesn't sound too bad.

Cheers Steve

MikeyB wrote:
so I'm guessing a new hole has to be made in the bulkhead for the clutch master too then?

Yes, a normal size master cylinder hole, and two bolt nounting holes

BMW master cylinder has metric unions too, so the pipe nuts need changing as well

mikew wrote:

PM Sent cheers

What are the part Nos/model detail for the BMW M/C and servo?  

Thanks again

ajp wrote:

PM Sent cheers

What are the part Nos/model detail for the BMW M/C and servo?  

Thanks again

Mine is from an E35 which i bought after getting details from someone who has fitted that exact servo in his stag.

Cheers Steve