Rear Wing Repair Panels

Richard B

It's always easy to get pictures of the full panels, generally robbed straight out of the factory parts lists! Repair panels don't follow the full original panels, so the supplier needs some creativity to illustrate them. We need to employ arty types to draw our panels, or else get the cameras out.
Cheers,
Bill.

This is my wheelarch while I was turning it from rust into steel again-not the best of snaps I know, but all I can find at work!!

The black section round the arch is a wing arch repair section- the bit that you see in rimmers catalogue as part number RH5106. I'm not sure if mines a Rimmers one or not I got it off ebay from someone who'd  given up on rust.

On the floor by the welding torch is what they call a 'wing repair, front lower', Rimmer part number RH5088- again I don't know if mines a Rimmer one or not. The arch repair panel also had a section of lower wing attached but I didn't need it as I already had these panels so I cut it off.

Behind the arch repair panel you can just make out the new outer arch panel-Rimmer number is 802846. Again, though ,it came from ebay so I'm not sure who it originally came from!!

I've put the Rimmer numbers in so you can compare with their catalogue to get an idea of whats what,, and I'd imagine other suppliers panels will be pretty similar.

Bear in mind that these panels don't just fit straight on- they all needed some fettling and cutting/reshaping to fit!!

The repairs to the floorpan and B post are home fabricated, and don't even think of asking about that filler on the rear wing- thats ancient accident damage I uncovered when I started digging out the rust....... ::)

I've got some front arch panels sitting in the loft waiting for me to get busy- I'll see if I can dig'em out and get some snaps.

Ebay is a good place to look and see what repair sections look like, as people photograph them, but the drawback is that they don't always describe them very well........ 

Archived