Mallory TR Register Trackday

AndyV

shame mate :( the weather held off aswell! dried out after a few sessions and had a great time! there were the photo people there so tomorow night they should be loaded and LOADS of pics avaliable inc some VERY mad camber of mine at the hair pin lol and ben in his 1360 herald too. was a great day, good to put a few more faces to names inc. our very own stiglet ;) i was faily happy with the day, fuel trouble sorted which i was so pleased about, but im just abit bummed my break didnt work until the last session haha owell was interesting going into the hairpin with no brakes and almost smashing into the back of a tvr haha hope you enjoyed the ride dave. and got some good advice on getting my suspension sorted and my very worn bushes pointed out to me......hmm now wheres the best place for a polybush set.....hehe

only bad bit of the day was we had 2 car casualtys, both drivers unharmed i believe (tr8 and tr6) the red TR6 i was in bens car and we were having a good battle with him even if we were down .7/1.2 L down on him!! lol and just exiting the esses i think he cought the kurb which was like ice and just drifted and couldnt catch it and ended up on the grass into the armco barrier! was almost like slow motion!
heres a pic of the damage!!

hit on the drivers side and can see it pushed the bumper along and the majour damage is the other side, although he did say the chassis seemed ok but i guess will need to be tested to make sure.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote by=Mad_Mart link=Blah.pl?b=trackdays,m=1169889802,s=79 date=1174564665]Well gutted I couldn't make it.  :'( especially after all my preparation at the weekend.

Anyway, hope you guys have/had a great time.  :)[/quote]

Stiglet & I missed you old buddy, we had a cautious start after seeing a very nice TR6 stuffed as well as a racing wedge, so Stiglet and I  gradually built up our speed during the day.
Car had one misfiring fit with me, cleared up never to return.
BIG thanks to all who helped make this event happen.

Jon & Diane (Stiglet) 

One curious thing occured today.
Our Sprint is fitted with a LSD axle which normally does not work, I know this because when I have the car jacked up I can spin the rear wheel when the other is on the ground, but today it was working...................has the axle run out of oil!

ooh, my vote would be for Oulton definately!  ;D Though Donington sounds ok too. TRR have done a poor job of advertising mallory this last time. If they pulled their finger out I imagine the response would of been a lot better. I hope the event continues at whichever circuit it's a cracker!

I'm not sure what the cost of Silverstone GP circuit cost, but I imagine the total number of people taking part on the day did not cover the cost.
Between 01/04/07 and 30/09/07 to charge for a days use of the GP circuit is £25K!

Instead of the TR Reg. going out and attempting to get other Triumph clubs to join in with their TDs, maybe the other Clubs should be a bit more proactive and ask the Reg. if they can join in? I hope that CT will.

Should not the Std Tri forum get the behind the TD?

Just to throw in my two pennyworth.
One huge problem the Triumph fraternity has to deal with is the many clubs which cater for the marque.
If they would all just join in together it would probably make events very popular.
I have some footage if anyone is interested.
I had a bloody good scrap with the V6 Alfa 155 and learnt to stay in top and go into gerrards with the car sliding and just boot it round ;D the Alfa is leaning right over.

On film is Tim, Jony, John a white Vittese plus the TR's

I would like it to be Goodwood.

What !... you mean I'm not going to get to 'do' Mallory, next year ? I'm already peeved that I couldn't get to it, this year, and now it looks like I'm not going to get to do it at all :( I think Mallory is a great little circuit; but, I've only ever seen it from the spectator side.
I'd like to do Thruxton (because it's close, and fast !); Oulton Park (because that's where I took my wife on our second date); Donington (because I've only done it as part of a parade lap in my 2000); hell, let's face it; I'd like to do all the tracks given the chance (and the money ::)).

Let's see the footage then, Jon...

Archived