Mallory TR Register Trackday

AndyV

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Silverstone's GP circuit on offer, I'm amazed anyone who wants one has held on for the TRR track day.  I didn't, and a second at a rather lesser circuit will push the budget too far.

I hope the TRR one works out - it was poorly subscribed last time with rumblings of 'not economic'.  If this one looses money there may not be another.  Pity that TRR executives can't liase with other clubs, but then why should they associate with lesser beings?

John

I cannot agree about the TR Reg not chating with other Clubs. I have found that CT enjoys a great relationship with the TR Reg. I was talking to Chris Cunnington last week and he is very keen for CT to join in with the TR Reg's activities.

Anyrate there is no problem with CT members signing up to take part in the TR TRack Day- anyone who wants a form, mail or call me.

I think CT is in a great position in our relationships with the other major Triumph Clubs. We get on well with the TSSC, Dolomite Club, 2000/2500 Register and the TR Reg. The only one we do not seem to have any relationship with is the Stag Club.
I noticed in some of the replies to the thread about Clare Hill (By the way well done Clare- good luck with Stafford) doing so well, that some feel we are rivals to the TSSC. This is total nonsense, if anything we have a better relationship with the TSSC than at any previous time. (Interestingly at the end of the RBRR, Mike Crewes contacted me to congratulate CT on another successful event) Points of fact: Half the committee of CT are or have been members of the TSSC, and approx. 40% of the membership of CT are also members of the TSSC.

I loathe all this talk about rivaleries that are supposed to exist between the Triumph Clubs, and feel that as my role as Secretary of CT I have a duty to further relationships with other Clubs.

BTW has Nigel G contacted the TR Reg about Mallory?

At pres. at least 4 CT drivers will be going to Mallory- I'm sure we can get more.

Please get involved.  As Tim says CT members are more than welcome.  This is a special event.  Where else will you find a Triumphs only track day?  We have to really push this for 2007 to convince the TRR that people want this event and that is IS worth continuing it in future years....

Malcolm.

tim,
You leap to the defence of TRR and TSSC, and quite right too.  My comment on the lack of liasion was because TRR had ignored the MGOC/CT initiative that has delivered the Grand Prix circuit at Silverstone for a track day.  Congrats to CT and wake up TRR!  A great opportunity for interclub cooperation wasteed!

If you want to look anywhere that I have posted about interclub relations, it has been to bemoan the lack, apparent or real, of more working together.  When the combined MG clubs can deliver Silverstone for their International, while TSSC uses an agricultural showground (Stafford) and  TRR uses half of another (Malvern) and never the twain shall meet, there is inter club rivalry of some sort going on.  I know that the 'Council of Triumph Clubs' or whatever arranges a gettogether at Brooklands, that all the different club organisers are great chums, AND that the TSSC committed an enormous diplomatic gaffe a few years ago, but we stare into the abyss, unless some interclub cooperation can be achieved.

And No, my obvious lack of patience does not suit me to be the man to do it.  Sorry.

But I'll support anyone who can.

John

As past members of the TR Register Diane and I would always support inter club activities as I believe in the years to come old cars Classic or not will come under fire.
We cannot afford two trackdays so close together............so we are doing both so as not to miss either :D
In fact our entry is already in for them.
I would say a big thanks to all who help in getting these invites for us.
Also be a little kind on our Forum to the hosts so as not offend them perhaps.

• 4 weeks later...

meh by the way iv seen you drive i probably wont be passing ya lol. tbh i think my car may be holding back somewhere tbh, im sure it should be going faster than it is, but im pretty certain now it aint got a stage 3 engine jobie, if it has then there something seriously wrong!

so after silverstone this is next! i sent my form in so i assume im in, may just ring and check! *just checked and havent taken any money out yet! i think i will just ring and check!*
sorted out my fuel surge problems near enough so that shouldnt hinder me again! and just going to order some new pads and renew my pads and discs b4hand too.

i suppose after mallory i REALLY oughta change my tyres too!!

Archived