Goodwood Track Day 25th Nov - Booking Now Open

Chriss

Martin and anyone else thinking about doing a track day for the first time follow the link below

http://club.triumph.org.uk/comps/assets/files/CT_TrackDayGuide.pdf

and have a look at the Club Triumph Track Day Guide.  It will tell you just about all you need to know.

I would say that the essentials are ensure the car does not have any fluid leaks and the battery is secure, and then to have your cooling system in good order, 20w/50 oil in your engine, high boiling point brake fluid and upgraded brake pads (Mintex 1144 or 1155) and as much air getting to the brakes as possible.  When you get to the circuit put an additional 3-5 psi into your tyres and tighten up your wheel nuts.

If you are unable to do the above, do not attempt to take the car to its normal rev limit, keep about 1,000 rpm below it and be very careful with the brakes. Check them and the wheel nuts after each session.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James and all who said that they are interested in coming to Goodwood on the 25th November please would you start booking now.  With the response so far we are going to have to consider cancelling the event if bookings do not pick up soon.

Don't tell me you have named it Einstein ?

Or should that be Heissenberg - because you can control position and speed, or speed and direction, or direction and position, but never speed, position and direction at the same time.

Wait a minute, that sounds familiar, that's a GT6

Ah I am not in the habit of naming cars but it was nicknamed hissing Syd when we got it nearly 4 years ago because the turbo does hiss.

Its quite well sorted now and has done an airfield Castle Combe and a Thruxton this year so to finish with Goodwood would be the icing on the cake :)

Castle Combe could be taken in fourth all the way round cos its got so much torque.
Thruxton was made very uncomfortable at 110 round church and slippery leather seats ;D so it now has Cobra race seats with harnesses so we can stay in the car!

• 3 weeks later...

Never mind Einstein (one stone?) or Heissenberg (wasn't he the geezer with the hypothetically dead [or not] cat?) what about Higgs? Not only did he win the Nobel prize without knowing it, he also 'discovered' a certain (or very uncertain until recently 'discovered' for a paltry few billion Galactic credits) 'God Particle'. Now THAT'S Quantum Physics! See you in rthe pub - or not if I get there too soon!

Chriss wrote:

Or should that be Heisenberg - because you can control position and speed, or speed and direction, or direction and position, but never speed, position and direction at the same time.

Wait a minute, that sounds familiar, that's a GT6

Einstein discovered The General Theory of Relativity and made major contributions to Quantum Mechanics.  He won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921.  Werner Heisenberg was also one of the main contributors to Quantum Mechanics and his Uncertainty Principle led to him being awarded the 1932 Nobel Prize for Physics.  The Uncertainty Principle shows that precise measurement of the components that define a particle's momentum position, direction or speed is only possible for two components, so there is always some uncertainty about the third so you cannot predict where it will end up.

Triumph took this Principle very seriously when designing the GT6 and in fact applied it perfectly.

I am not so sure about Schroedinger, but if he observed dead cat bounce then he may well have worked at Canley around about this time.

As for Higgs, he just discovered a Boson Vector. That's almost an everyday occurrence.  Calling it a God Particle smacks of bigging it up.

Hi Martiin

Last Monday we had 14 confirmed entries.  During this week I have invited MGoT and MX5.  I would hope to get at least 10 entries between them.  I have yet to enter and there are a couple more on the edge of entering.  I suspect the final figure will be between 25 & 30.  Previously Goodwood have said they would be happy with that.

Cheers, Chris

• 3 weeks later...

There are 17 entries so far.  I can confirm the day will go ahead, so if you are waivering, get your entries in now.  This should be a day to remember.  Goodwood with only 5 cars per session.  It will be like having the track to yourself.

If you can't get your entry in turn up on the day with your credit card and I am sure you will be able to enter.

Chriss wrote:
There are 17 entries so far.  I can confirm the day will go ahead, so if you are waivering, get your entries in now.  This should be a day to remember.  Goodwood with only 5 cars per session.  It will be like having the track to yourself.

If you can't get your entry in turn up on the day with your credit card and I am sure you will be able to enter.

I was wondering that — as I am taking a break from work right now I am free on Monday anyway.

James, and anyone thinking of entering; better to enter now and let me know through the forum, as you may not get your ticket and information in time.  Go to the first entry in this thread and follow the instructions.

The essential is arrive at Goodwood before 08:00 with a credit card and or cash and I am sure we can sort out an entry.

Chris that is good news that it is on. Are you going to email out details as per last time or do we just turn up at Goodwood on Monday? I see it is a 8.00 am start for people that haven't booked. What time is it for those that have?  I think we have to pray for no rain and ideally not too cold.  Looking forward to it and thanks Chris for organising it! Martin

Hi Martin

Goodwood are the organisers of this event, so they should be sending you information about the day.  I have not received my information yet, so I can't tell you what's in it.  They imply that they will send entrants a ticket 5 days before the event and presumably that will contain event information........ :-/

In the event you don't receive anything I suggest the following to all

Gates open at 07:30  - arrive as near to 07:30 as you can to get car prep done before the Briefing

Briefing 08:00 - This takes nearly an hour, but I am sure you know it all already

Track opens 09:00 - First session starts

The day will probably start in sessions so that newcomers can find their feet, but move to open pit lane around 11:00.  With less than 20 cars we should be able to get plenty of track time.  The weather looks like it will be cold, but not raining.  The first sessions will probably be damp and possibly misty.  The track on a November morning is usually very slippery, so take it easy to start with.

As I find out more I will post in this thread, so those of you who are coming please look at this thread daily until Monday.

Cheers, Chris