Goodwood Track Day 25th Nov - Booking Now Open

Chriss

Has anyone received anything from Goodwood?  Ticket?  Instructions on what to do?  Acknowledgement?

I have booked in

Baggot     John     
Banyard     Russell     
Barker     Dale     
Brookes     Phillip     
Conway     Richard     
Cooper     James     
Davis     C J     
Diamond     Kevin     
Elliott     Steven     
Jackson     Jonathan     
Kimmens     Michael     
Marrison     Martin     
McNeill     Lloyd     
Senior     Clive     
Shaw             Chris     
Tomkins     Ben     
Walker     Tim

Is anyone missing who has paid?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll speak with Goodwood later today unitl then we'll work on the basis of our timetable for last year.  I'll get an update out later

1.     LOCATION OF THE CIRCUIT
The circuit is at Claypit Lane, Westhampnett, West Sussex PO18 0 Phone number 01243 755 060
And can be seen at Goodwood Circuit  press Control and right click.
Directions to Goodwood
From the north M25, leave at junction 10 and head due south on the A3.
Quick Motorway route: follow the A3 all the way to Portsmouth then follow the A27 to Chichester.
Scenic Route: turn off at Milford A286 to Midhurst or A283 to Petworth then take the A285 towards Chichester then follow turn right for the circuit before you reach the A27.
From Southampton, Portsmouth, Worthing, Brighton and Bognor Regis take the A27 towards Chichester and follow signs to Westhampnett or the Circuit.

2.     ARRIVING AT THE CIRCUIT
You should arrive at the circuit in good time to complete several important steps. Before going on track you must sign on, pass the noise test (please give Red session drivers priority in the queue), attend a track briefing and check that your car is track worthy.

Sign on  07:30 – 08:30
(Sign-on is in the Pits at the Jackie Stewart suite )     At sign on:
•     present completed CT and Goodwood indemnity forms – all drivers and passengers
•     show a full copy of each driver’s licence i.e. both paper and plastic card if newer style licence
•     pay any outstanding money owed (e.g. for helmets) in exact cash or by cheque
•     you will be given a coloured sticker to indicate which session you are in. Stick this in the top passenger side of your windscreen
•     all drivers and passengers will receive a coloured wristband to indicate that you have signed on and signed the indemnity forms. The colour will indicate whether you are a driver or passenger.

Noise Test   08:00 – 09:00
(at paddock entrance)     Goodwood’s noise limit is 98db – there is a strict static test at ¾ of your cars redline – there is also drive by testing during the day.
Unfortunately if you fail the test you will not be allowed on track until the noise limit is achieved.

Track briefing  08:30 – 08:50
     This briefing is mandatory for drivers and passengers. It explains the rules of your track day. At the end of the briefing drivers and passengers will receive a second coloured wristband.  (Briefing is in the Jackie Stewart suite adjacent to the pits).
Self-Scrutineering
     Your car must be safe for you and others. You should have checked all items in the CT Track Day Checklist.  Please see full list on page 8 and please prioritise.
•     brake and indicator lights, windscreen wipers and demister
•     wheel tightness, towing eye and no leaking fluids
•     seat belt operation (where fitted)
•     tyre tread patterns
•     suitable crash helmet
As a general rule of thumb, tyre pressures should be raised a little over your normal driving settings (say 2-3 psi).

Only drivers and passengers wearing the appropriate wristbands in cars with the correct windscreen session and noise test pass stickers will be allowed on track.

3.     TIMETABLE OF EVENTS
Timings may change due to unforeseen circumstances, but this is the planned schedule for the day:
Circuit Open:      07:00
Sign On:     07:30 – 08:30
Briefing:     08:30 – 08:50
Anyone arriving after 08:30 will have to wait until the briefing is over before signing on and then attending a latecomers briefing. This may mean that you miss your first track session.

Track sessions
The first few laps of each group’s first session will be familiarisation laps behind a pace car. Take this opportunity to familiarise yourself with the track layout and check the location of marshal posts and light gantries. The pace car will follow the racing line and all cars must follow it, in single file. You must not overtake unless it is an emergency.

I have now received my entrant's information from Goodwood.  It would appear to cover all I need to know at this stage, that is: Confirmation I am an entrant, where Goodwood Circuit is, when I should get there, what I should do when I get there, where I can get some food & drink when I am there.  It does not contain information about who is in which session, but that will be based on experience and you will find out during the briefing.  Some of the timing is a little different from the entry above, but if you arrive on those times you will not miss anything.  Corrections to the timing are below.

1.     LOCATION OF THE CIRCUIT
The circuit is at Claypit Lane, Westhampnett, West Sussex PO18 0 Phone number 01243 755 060
And can be seen at Goodwood Circuit  press Control and right click.
Directions to Goodwood
From the north M25, leave at junction 10 and head due south on the A3.
Quick Motorway route: follow the A3 all the way to Portsmouth then follow the A27 to Chichester.
Scenic Route: turn off at Milford A286 to Midhurst or A283 to Petworth then take the A285 towards Chichester then follow turn right for the circuit before you reach the A27.
From Southampton, Portsmouth, Worthing, Brighton and Bognor Regis take the A27 towards Chichester and follow signs to Westhampnett or the Circuit.

2.     ARRIVING AT THE CIRCUIT
You should arrive at the circuit in good time to complete several important steps. Before going on track you must sign on, pass the noise test (please give Red session drivers priority in the queue), attend a track briefing and check that your car is track worthy.

The circuit opens at 07:15

Noise Test  08:15 – 09:00
(at paddock entrance)     Goodwood’s noise limit is 98db – there is a strict static test at ¾ of your cars redline – there is also drive by testing during the day. Unfortunately if you fail the test you will not be allowed on track until the noise limit is achieved.  When your car is prepared drive it to the noise testing queue and leave it with the keys in and the engine switched off and then you head off to the briefing.

Sign on 08:15 to 08:30
(Sign-on is in the Pits at the Jackie Stewart suite )     At sign on:
•     present completed CT and Goodwood indemnity forms – all drivers and passengers
•     show a full copy of each driver’s licence i.e. both paper and plastic card if newer style licence
•     pay any outstanding money owed (e.g. for helmets) in exact cash or by cheque
•     you will be given a coloured sticker to indicate which session you are in. Stick this in the top passenger side of your windscreen
•     all drivers and passengers will receive a coloured wristband to indicate that you have signed on and signed the indemnity forms. The colour will indicate whether you are a driver or passenger.
Noise Test
08:00 – 09:00
(at paddock entrance)     Goodwood’s noise limit is 98db – there is a strict static test at ¾ of your cars redline – there is also drive by testing during the day.
Unfortunately if you fail the test you will not be allowed on track until the noise limit is achieved.

Track briefing  08:30 – 08:50
This briefing is mandatory for drivers and passengers. It explains the rules of your track day. At the end of the briefing drivers and passengers will receive a second coloured wristband.  (Briefing is in the Jackie Stewart suite adjacent to the pits).

Self-Scrutineering

Your car must be safe for you and others. You should have checked all items in the CT Track Day Checklist.  Please see full list on page 8 and please prioritise.
•     brake and indicator lights, windscreen wipers and demister
•     wheel tightness, towing eye and no leaking fluids
•     seat belt operation (where fitted)
•     tyre tread patterns
•     suitable crash helmet
As a general rule of thumb, tyre pressures should be raised a little over your normal driving settings (say 2-3 psi).

Only drivers and passengers wearing the appropriate wristbands in cars with the correct windscreen session and noise test pass stickers will be allowed on track.

3.     TIMETABLE OF EVENTS
Timings may change due to unforeseen circumstances, but this is the planned schedule for the day:
Circuit Open:      07:15
Noise Testing 08:15 - 09:00
Sign On:     08:15 – 08:30
Briefing:     08:30 – 08:50
Anyone arriving after 08:30 will have to wait until the briefing is over before signing on and then attending a latecomers briefing. This may mean that you miss your first track session.

Track sessions
The first few laps of each group’s first session will be familiarisation laps behind a pace car. Take this opportunity to familiarise yourself with the track layout and check the location of marshal posts and light gantries. The pace car will follow the racing line and all cars must follow it, in single file. You must not overtake unless it is an emergency.

If anyone has any problems please ring me on 07707 663402

Just as a reminder here is our checklist for car preparation

Club Triumph Track Day Checklist

PERFORMANCE DRIVING CAN BE DANGEROUS AND MAY INVOLVE INJURY OR DEATH

For the safety fo yourself and others and your enjoyment you need to prepare your car properly for the day
You could be liable for damage or injury caused by your car if it is unsafe for use on the circuit

A track day is an opportunity to drive your car as fast as you feel comfortable and explore what it and you can do in a safe environment. During the day your car will be driven harder and faster than it is ever driven on the road.  It is a serious activity so it is important to prepare the car properly for the day. The following list includes most of the points you will need to consider but it is not exhaustive. Your car will not be scrutineered, but you are required to sign an indemnity saying you have covered the safety points in the list below.  This is also a requirement of the circuit.  

Before leaving home
•     Towing eyes or points visible front and back
•     Seatbelts fully functional, if fitted.  CT strongly recommends seat belts are fitted
•     Steering fully functional
•     Brakes fully functional and with sufficient pad material
•     Brake fluid <2 years old (Old fluid will boil more easily and lead to brake fade)
•     Tyres (at least 3mm tread)
•     Spare tyre in good condition and at correct pressure
•     Door locks fully functional
•     Lights, indicators, hazard warning lights (if fitted), wipers and demister fully functional
•     Throttle return springs not sticking
•     Nothing loose (e.g. seats, exhaust pipes, batteries or bodywork)
•     No significant fluid leaks
•     Exhaust efficiency and stability
•     All fluid levels checked, caps and plugs replaced
•     Driving licence
•     Helmet(s) (if not provided by circuit)
•     Clothing (long sleeves and trousers)

At the Circuit
•     Wheel nuts tightened
•     All fluid levels rechecked, caps and plugs replaced
•     Car fuelled. i.e. Full (you'll need it!)
•     Loose articles removed/secured
•     Tyre pressures increased for higher speed
•     Windscreen and windows cleaned, mirrors correctly adjusted
•     Tape over lights.

Odd how some people have had a few problems booking and getting information from CT and Goodwood, I booked in a couple of mins on the Goodwood site, paid and received all the relevant details by post.

No problems, nice and simple, well done CT and Goodwood. Looking forward to it, could not have been easier.