TIM I THINK THAT THIS STICKER SHOULD BE MADE FOR 2006,ON THE ROAD PEOPLE DON'T REALLY SEE THE DOOR STICKERS UNTILL YOUR LEVEL WITH THEM,WHERE AS IF WE HAD THESES ON THE FRONT AND BACK OF THE CARS(IF POSSIBLE)HOPEFULLY IT WOULD BE MORE NOTICEABLE TO THE GENRAL PUBLIC.JAMES IT LOOKS FAB! 

I do like the design of rally plates, and think that they would look great as stickers on the front of the cars. However all classicar runs use this type of design and therefore I think something a bit more orig. should be done.
I think that designing new event stickers is going to be difficult, in the end it might be better to modify the design of the present ones. Any more suggestions?

why do you seem so intent on altering the rbrr stickers to look like every pther rally plate around! surely we're better off with our own distinctive design which contains the club logo. the only thing i will say against our stickers is has anyone noticed how much smaller they have become since i first did the run in 1986!!!!!!! ??)

Firstly - I'd like to say that I did that Monte Carlo rip-off to see what it would look like... nothing more...

Secondly - there's a whole year until the next one starts getting planned...

The current stickers are fine in concept - they just need smartening up.

Perhaps a good reason for not putting rally style plates on the front or the rear of RBRR cars is that Mr Plod may get a bit miffed if about 20 Triumphs all with identical stickers show up on a roll of film from a speed camera.

Not good PR for the Club and I dare say the nominated charity wouldn't be too pleased either when their name was brought up in court as being associated with such lawlessness.

But this could never happen, could it?  It's not a race after all.

It was just a hypothetical point and a reason for leaving things as they are.

Organising events is a hard enough job without having to make up additional stickers, that will increase the entry cost slightly but will add nothing to the event.

Just where do you put a rally style sticker on the back of a Mk3 GT6 anyway?

The only problem with going fast Greeks is you end up getting what i did through the post this morning a f*&*&$£*&& speeding fine 60 quidand three points.Not very happy but then if you commit the crime ,.First speeding ticket in over twentyyears of driving ,i'll have to get rid of the really quick acclaim and go back to driving the slow GT6d

Doug - was this on the RBRR?

I always thought that if it was more than 2 weeks you were clear - even if you get a ticket - if it arrives after 2 weeks then it doesnt count.

Might be worth checking out - but thats what I always thought was the case.

James

Quote:
anywhere you like,  you'll be going so quick no TR7 will ever see it anyway! 

Greeks, how could you. And to think I refrained from putting something like - at the rear below the bumper so that we can see it when the GT6 is in a ditch somewhere! :P

And come to think of it - I have also been kind enough not to enquire on the Wessex rally where there was both a GT6 and a TR7 entered by the club, which one won the class and which one failed to finish? :P

Im really really sure about the 2 week thing - Im sure my brain didnt make it up. I've heard it from several sources too. Unless it is an old rule that has now been updated.

When you phone them up tell them first of all that its been 2 weeks so therefore like to inform them it doesnt count... see what they say...

I think I read something about that in Saturdays Telegraph...Honest John I think it was??? Some Police Authorities sign up to a 'protocol' and that should be freely available, might even be on the web.

Anyway, these plaques, plates or whatever they are called are useless for putting on our cars, where do they fit on the front? For Le Mans Classic we had it propped up in the rear window...err, the plate that is!!!

No such thing as 2 week protocol, I speak with experience here.
Do write to the issuing authority and ask for photographic evidence, if nothing else but to delay the whole process and muck them up. God I hate speed cameras.
Top marks to Karl Dandridge and Dave Pearson for their t-shirts on the RBRR. Speed camera symbol, with below 'Kiss my A##e'.

Ironic on last years 10CR I only saw one speed camera, yet most European countries suffer from far worst fatality stats, yet the roads are not as heavily trafficked as ours. The cameras do not work.
Fact: the hotter the country the more deaths on the road.

James ,you're right about the two week rule ,but in this case they had sent the original ticket to the previuos owner who then gave them my details ,which is why it was more than two weeks .
I rang the camera people and explained that we were 30 hours into a 48hour trip and couldn't remember who was driving at the time ,could they have a look at the photo, they said it just showed two out lines .They're sending the picture ,if it's not clear i'll phone the penalty office and see what they say

[quote by=doug_foreman link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,v=display,m=1097835872,s=19 date=1098470303]James ,you're right about the two week rule ,but in this case they had sent the original ticket to the previuos owner who then gave them my details ,which is why it was more than two weeks .
I rang the camera people and explained that we were 30 hours into a 48hour trip and couldn't remember who was driving at the time ,could they have a look at the photo, they said it just showed two out lines .They're sending the picture ,if it's not clear i'll phone the penalty office and see what they say [/quote]

Did you tell them it was two fat ladies in an Acclaim... ;D

Archived