• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so worried about the shoes, more worried about the fact that she thinks we are doing it in the comfy 2500 S Estate, power steering, luxy seats, quiet engine etc. In reality we are using the new PI I am throwing together with Recarros, Manual steering, 205/15 tyres, full sport exhuast, no stereo and low/stiff suspension...................

When do you think I should tell her?????

You could always bamboozle her with complements.  ;D
Coming from a bloke she'll be so suprised and happy that she'll be open to even the craziest notion!!  :o

For example, suggest the new PI sets her eyes off beautifully and that it matches her hair, and would be much more suited her vibrant and exciting personality.  ;)  :P

That'll never work!

When she starts to complain, tell her, "But I thought you wanted us to spend more time together!"

Can't lose with that one.

You're the one making all the effort, after all.

Just like the time you bought her a new socket set for her birthday.

But did she want that!  No!  Threw it back in your face, I bet.

Good job you found a good use for it. ;)

McJim.

Okay, I get the idea but not sure I'm brave enough to try any of the above.

Eg, The car sets off the colour of your eyes..................response likely, do my eyes look white and rusty then???

It matches your hair, hmmmmmm, have you EVER tried talking to a red-head about hair colour, here's a hint, don't bother!!

Anyway, in the good books at the moment, not sure why just am, I'll ride the wave and wait for the storm that is due anytime about nowish!!

My V12 Daimler is up for sale and when that has gone it will be impossible to hide the PI anymore (Daimler is big and you CAN hide a PI behind it!!)

So......................

• 6 months later...

I know it's possibly a bit late to resurrect this thread but needs must and all that.......

I've had a semi last-minute change of co-driver seeing as Susi, my original partner in crime, now can't make it seeing as she got the weekend wrong and booked herself to do the flowers for a wedding, at a cost to the bride of about 1200 quid....
This is what happens when you don't manage to speak to yoiur co-driver for several months - be warned!  ;)

So enter stage left my new partner in crime (waits for drum-roll and fanfare) Jim Clarke!!

Unfortunately, not THE Jim Clarke, merely A Jim Clarke.
A comedy Scotsman by birth he's lived in the Midlands for almost 25 years and has apparently never been further north than Aviemore  :o  But still, he's always said the RBRR sounds like a laugh and so he's in. Although I did have cause for slight panic when he asked whether we could take his Toledo and simply cross-out the word SEAT and write TRIUMPH over the top and hope no-one notices....
And what's going to happen when he meets up with McJim is anybody's guess!!  ;D ;D ;D

[quote by=Dave2000 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1139996327,s=36 date=1158753173]

Although I did have cause for slight panic when he asked whether we could take his Toledo and simply cross-out the word SEAT and write TRIUMPH over the top and hope no-one notices....
   ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

No chance, we tried that on the 10 Countries last year and we did didn't get a shiny spark plug as a result. Brummie Dave my co-driver was near suicidal as a result, he was really looking forward to his shiny spark plug.

I have your shiney Spark plug in the glove box of the Mondeo at pres. Weirdly the theives who broke into her the other day  - did not steal the thing!

My original co-driver McJim had to back out, so I have press-ganged my sister Judith to co-driver. The weird thing is that we have never argued! Reckon the RBRR will sort that out!
I am concerned that she will have to meet you lot, however I have warned her about certain characters!

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1139996327,s=38 date=1158762592] ... I am concerned that she will have to meet you lot ... [/quote]

You can always lock her up in the car as protection against us lot  :X 
Put some nice flowery curtains in the car to ... Oh no that's not neccesary with the GT6. Everyone will look straight over it  ;D

Since this thread's been brought back...

My co-driver, Scott, is now a fully qualified first aider.  So any bruised fingers etc. from 'fixing' your car with the biggest hammer you can lay your hands on, he can be there to offer assistance. ;D

My suggestion of a nurses uniform to make him look 'official' didn't go down well...

...apparently he doesn't have the hips to carry it off! :P ;D

[quote by=Dave2000 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1139996327,s=36 date=1158753173]So enter stage left my new partner in crime (waits for drum-roll and fanfare) Jim Clarke!!

Unfortunately, not THE Jim Clarke, merely A Jim Clarke.
A comedy Scotsman by birth he's lived in the Midlands for almost 25 years and has apparently never been further north than Aviemore  :o  [/quote]

Hello everyone from "unfortunately not THE Jim Clarke, merely A  Jim Clarke"

I have to say it is with some trepidation and uncertainty I face next weekends jaunt. It's not so much the drive, cocktail sticks for keeping the eyes open should be effective enough (so much better than matchsticks)  :o , but I guess the thought of sharing 172,800 seconds and just over 2,000 miles in close proximity to Dave2000. Not the most favourable prospect at 4 o'clock in the morning, or 4 o'clock in the afternoon  ;D .

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you all and good luck to all for the drive.

Archived