• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys.

It was just great to be able to help out after the 175 mile drive north.

Also great to meet John Graham, who was running the control and had done the first three RBRR's and also Badger, from the Forum, and his good lady, Donna, and also Spitfire2500 from just along the road at Livingstone, who I blasted past in his Triumph at about 100mph(!) in my Audi on the (deserted) A9. 

"My excuse, officer, is that I slept in and manning a control on the RBRR is more important than keeping my licence!"

Being at Conon Bridge made me wish that I hadn't had to pull out from co-driving with Tim.

I'll not miss the next one - that's a definite!

McJim

[quote by=MWG445 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1160249737,s=69 date=1160310100]and also Spitfire2500 from just along the road at Livingstone, who I blasted past in his Triumph at about 100mph(!) in my Audi[/quote]

He he  ;D I can confirm that McJim is not exaggerating about his speed :D When I arrived at Conon Bridge he looked like he'd been settled in the hotel for ages  ;D

Had a great time watching the cars come in -- oh, and marshalling from time-to-time as well  ;D ;D What a wonderful event and a superb atmosphere. I haven't seen so many Triumphs together for longer than I care to remember and it was bloody marvelous to see and hear them again -- long may it continue  :)

McJim Thanks for the photos. Great to meet you, I was told to say that.... nice to see so many good photos and I now can put a few faces to the "web names" So thanks again. By the way how much do get for the pose with my vitesse. Malc.

Archived