McJim

Nice to meet you mate. Excuse the vacant expression, that's standard by that time on a RBRR! Just to let you know they let me through customs on the border with that shortbread I had stashed in the sill cavity's no problems. Those Scottish sniffer dogs are bloody useless.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is easier to answer by telling them what didn't happen to the car! What great fun! Battery swaps, quick cig, leak, bump start the GT6 then back on the road in 5 minutes. Practice makes perfect!! Just such a shame after having got through all the problems using enginuity, talent, cunning cable ties and bits of string the car decided that cylinders is one too many!

Thanks for the experience Doug!!!

Cheers, Neil

Ellis ...Neil about summed it up...the herald alternater went between the start and the first stop so we ended up charging the battery on th GT whilst running till he herald ran out of power and then swapped agian ...fitted an alternater at the first stop but no change ..carried on doing the battery swop till edingborough...where.fitted a new one ..still no difference...then finally worked out out it wasn't the altenater but the wiring so bypassed to the battery ..
.the GT6 throttle pedal mounting decided to pull through the bulk head so we rigged up the cable to a hand pull with cable ties but could only do 60 ,this then gave up after a while so i sent the others on and was going to retire at Gordano...but after a bit of lateral thinking we attached a cord  from Our Le mans ticket holder to the cable and then to a screw driver as a handle ...this gave us about 80 tops ...caught the others up by Gordano ...Neil then drove the GT6 down to lands end  ..left there and then the engine went ,clatter clatter, puff of smoke stop...general feeling is piston but we'll have to wait till i get the car back
But i'm very glad we had Neil with us ,someone sensible to look after the girls when we retired

Quote:
PS my sister thinks that you are weird- I told her that she is not wrong!!

Gee.  Thanks Tim!

Oh well, I suppose she could have called me worse.

By the way, are you still on speaking terms.

When I saw you at Conan Bridge, you were giving her a lesson on how to park a GT6 to your high standards!

Reginald Bancroft, the safest parker in Conon Bridge!

Weird? - You bet! :P

Good to finally meet Jason too.

After all the sparring and drivel we've shared on the Forum, it must have been his highlight of the RBRR to finally meet me! ;)

Pass me a mirror, I think I have a hair out of place!

But seriously (who me?), it was marvellous to meet all the characters I've "spoke" to on the Forum and there certainly are some characters as well as many "new" people, who all seemed to know me - can't think how. :-/

Good to see old friends too, Tim, Raider, James, Beans, GTRoger, Keith, Burnerboy, AndyF, Tim Hunt, TR7Nutter and Steve W.

CT, definitely the club that does - push all the right buttons, that is!

McJim.

Top piccies McJim, I apologise for my uncouth hand gesture! Great to see you (twice) so soon after La Carrera (we must stop meeting like this...)
Please thank all your helper monkeys too, we can't do it without them and we never really meet them; just blast in, grab some food, a signature, maybe some kip and then off again. Unsung heroes....

Adding to Burnerboy's comments.

Amongst the marshalls were "Badger" and his wife who very helpfull with the TR7's radiator problems.

Badger even offered to take the radiator off his own TR7 V8 to fit it to ours so that we could continue or get home - what a top bloke and I don't think I thanked him properly ??)

Archived