Quote:
Sorry, not thinking, the signature must be original.

Hmm, not necessarily.

A while back we started to make sure that folk signed on at the start of motorsporting events to ensure that the crew members who had signed the entry form were the same as those sitting in the car on the start line.

Having an original signature on the entry form will mean nothing if an entrant has an accident and his co-driver turns out to be someone completely different, that you, as an organiser, know nothing about.

Signatures, in person, at the signing on at the start venue are more important than those on the entry form.

An unsigned e-mailed entry form should be perfectly acceptable.

I fill in loads of F10 forms online to the Health and Safety Executive without ever signing anything as part of my job.

If it's good enough for the HSE, then it should be good enough for Club Triumph.

Signatures can always be collected at the Start.

Jim.

Please excuse me, I wrote my last entry whilst at work and was thinking about work!

Right, as has been previously discussed the entry form must be fully completed with co-driver(s) and car details being correct. We obviously realise that some may just write bogus information onto the form, but this would surely be outside the spirit of this Club and the event. Of course we realise that changes are unadvoidable, but please attempt to be straight with us. As I have banged on, keeping on top of 100 entries is very difficult, please make it easy for us-keep us informed with changes as they happen! Remember incomplete entry forms will be put into a 'Reserve' listing.

The other thing that will be important at entry time is a cheque to pay for the entry. I know some will now go off about the way that payment should be electronic, but we prefer to stick with cheques.

As for European/American/Australian entries, we are reserving some places for these keen people who have been supporting the event for years.

I hope that this is not to dogmatic.

timbancroft61 wrote:

As for European/American/Australian entries, we are reserving some places for these keen people who have been supporting the event for years.

I hope that this is not to dogmatic.

Sounds fair to me.....could call it a reward for thier support and efforts, must be even harder to organise themselves for the event....its hard enough for us here on the right side of the water :)

I'm tempted to nip down to Reading and put the form through Chinny's door in person............................ ;D

Perhaps we should ALL do that, we could meet up for a curry too!!!!

You could just imagine the look of horror on Mrs Chinn's face as 100 Triumph's arrive, full of stange people waving envelopes!!!

Argh - she'd have to get the big tea pot out :-)

All this talk of postal strife seems to have made all my post arrive faster than ever - my last few ebay pursases have all arrived faster than they should.

I've got a different role and have traded India for "Global" so I'm spending my time flitting between Dublin, Cork, Milan, Paris, Warsaw and Istanbul.

Just remember guys, everyone who entered and could run, did run last year.

Jason wrote:

Just remember guys, everyone who entered and could run, did run last year.

Yep I think I posted my entry early december......not sure why it was so late actually :-/ but I got put on reserve and did the run.

All thanks to the crisp 50's I posted to Tim ;D.....I'm kidding

Jason wrote:

I've got a different role and have traded India for "Global" so I'm spending my time flitting between Dublin, Cork, Milan, Paris, Warsaw and Istanbul.

I that case Jason, you can offer a special personal courier service and pickup the RBRR entry forms from those members in Dublin, Cork, Milan, Paris, Warsaw and Istanbul who are entering  ;D

KevinR wrote:
I thought that the whole point of demanding a fully signed entry form was to try and slow down the rate that the entries arrive on the door mat chez Chinn.  It should stop the plethora of entries that have TBA for the co-driver.

Kevin,

Just looked at the entry form from last time in the November 2007 Club Torque and there was NO field on the form for any signatures. I can't see the details will need to change partuicularly and if there wasn't a requirement for a signature last time then why would there be this time around?(Jason or Tim perhaps you can clarify). Therefore it's pretty simple for a teams crew to email or phone through thier details to one entrant in the team in advance of the form being published so that he/she has alll the details ready to fill it in and post/deliver in person/courier to Mr Chinn. In fact I've just done that by emailing my details to Mark de Triomphe in preparation for our entry   "Simples"  :)

Thanks Tim.

Could the form published for download on the forum at the time that people should be receiving their club torques, that way if some peoples magazines are delayed by the postal strike it gives everyone a fair chnace of getrting hold of a form at the same time. Doesn't help with the getting the form to Jason though ecxpet for those of us who are lucky to be reasonably close to Chinnsville in Reading.....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived