Worked last year! ;)

Does the RBRR do online bank transfers?

Hardly use a chequebook nowadays.

The postal strike could cause havoc with the entries if demand is as high as last time.

My bet is that it will be even higher now that the number of cars allowed to enter has been reduced.

There'll be a lot of whingeing if entries can't get through and a huge headache for you trying to sort it out Jason.

Still, I knew if I thought about it for long enough, there would be something to make me feel better! :P

Jim.

Some of the International members never get their magazines, just get lost in the system.

Tim.

Set a date, about 2 weeks after you expect the majority of magazines to have been delivered, and say that is the day the entries open.

Any entry post marked before that date is rejected.

Shimples.

Colin

I suspect that lots of people who wished to take part last time didn't attempt to enter as they were told it was all sold out after a few days.

Also didn't lots of regulars nearly not get a place due to slight tardniness on their parts sending off their entries early after thinking "oh there will still be places in January, there always is"

There nearly wasn't.

:-)

Colin

Seems straight forward to me: if you want to do it, get your application form in by return of post. Anyone who wants to do it but prevaricates for any reason, only has themself to blame.
Any putting back of the application deadline would presumeably increase considerably the workload and reduce the time frame for those volunteers organising it.
I'd imagine that the copy for the next Courier issue is pretty much fixed all ready and it may be too late to change the process anyway :-/?

I want the entries opened as soon as possible. Gives the person I'm doing it less time to realise what spending 48 hours in a car with me will actually be like! ;D

Don't forget that even if the magazine drops through your door some of us won't be able to pop around to the others person and get their formed filled in properly straight away. Which is why we're thinking along the lines of - whoever gets their mag first fills in their details and then scans and e-mails the page to the other person who prints it off, fills in their details and then sends the form off. I can't see why there would be any problem with that. Will there be?

Archived