GT6boy wrote:
Ditto all the above. Well done guys 8). Mental note for Jason C, check serviceable batteries before presentation on reliability issues....

LOL - it was OK when I finished with it :-)

Note to self, test spare battery before accepting it as the only back up. In fairness, I was still writing the presentation when you guys were arriving so I had other things on my mind.

Next time, if we use such excellent facilities again, I'll make more use of the audio visual set up. I feel some back ground video coming on, maybe a Gingell time lapse display?

Video would have added more entertainment but, that again is even more work for you guys to put together before hand- besides which, we don't go for entertainment anyway.
I felt it was done right. Not just reading out a Power Point verbatim or listening to an individual droning on. Everyone had the opportunity to ask 'obvious' questions and no-one was made to feel daft.
Top-notch facilities too, good choice of venue :).

Thanks Bruce, I hadn't been to the Kestrel Suite before (although I thought I had) so I wasn't aware of the extent of their facilities - the Wifi connection was good and so we could have assembled a few Face Tube shows and played them whilst people were assembling and/or in the break. I've got two years to figure it out but so far the feedback has been v encouraging.

Got to say that attempting to drink loads of tequila at a wedding the night before a Drivers Meeting is not the way forward, I will not do that again!

Chuffed that so many came to the Meet, I did not expect that many. Lovely room as well!

I must admit I tried Jason's patience as I kept going off on tangents and upset the order of his powerpoint display! Sorry mate!

Jason and Nigel make my job very easy-cheers chaps!

No worries Tim, it's been a few years since I did a proper Powerpoint presentation and worked through it like that - it's a bit linear and inflexible so when faced with presenting styles that are fluid it can't respond but I'll know next time and I can build in some flexibility.
At the end of the day we gave out all the info we needed to and you stayed awake which was nice :-)

Archived