Contorl Stop Marshals are needed for Scottish & West Country!  Skiach, Cannon Bridge and Okehampton to name a few.  Check the May issue of Club Torque for more information.  Marshilling is a great way to get Involved if you can't run the RBRR.  Please contact Tim Bancroft at

rbrr@club.triumph.org.uk

This posted at the request of Tim.  I have allready notified Tim I will man any control where needed.

Goody wrote:
I have allready notified Tim I will man any control where needed.

Apparently they're needed on the whole route. So, if you start around 6pm at The Plough then head up the next one... Might be wise to jump in a car with a couple of other people to do it so you can get some rest on the way. If you can find a Triumph to do it in then that'd make it extra special. ;)

I have a inkling of a plan - Graham the former owner of my Herald Rally car has extended an open invitaion to me to visit him anytime.  He lives between Edinburgh and Perth.

Assuming it's convenient with him, I may be tempted to help at a Scottish halt - he may even be up for it himself too. Need to think about it a bit.    :)

No, with the onset of the little one, I decided last year not to enter as I could not commit to my usual routine of a solid month in the garage preparing a car, as is my norm!  Nor to spend so much time chasing sponsorship either.

As this have turned out so far, it's been easier that expected to juggle my time. However at the time the entries were open I couldn't be sure.

I may still offer to jump as a last minute substitute co-driver to anyone needy, however I'm quite warming to the idea marshalling with a couple of relaxed days away!

• 1 month later...

MikeyB wrote:
I have a inkling of a plan - Graham the former owner of my Herald Rally car has extended an open invitaion to me to visit him anytime.  He lives between Edinburgh and Perth.

Assuming it's convenient with him, I may be tempted to help at a Scottish halt - he may even be up for it himself too. Need to think about it a bit.    :)

Hmm......prompted my rusty old cogs into action.

My father lives in Inverness. Could combine a long overdue visit with a bit of CT action! How are things for Skiach??? A daytime point too - I presume.

Cheers
Jeff

Skiach, I think is the real early morning stop in Scotland.  I have allready volunteered to go their and then on to Cannon Bridge for the lunch stop.  I will be free to go anywhere on the run including more than one stop.   Have not heard from Tim if and where he might use me.  I can meet up with anyone anywhere to form the needed team.  While not entered this time I do want to see you-all.