Will there be an RBRR message board like last time where we can text or send mms messages to that then appear on the club's website?
This was very popular with my sponsors so they could track my progress.
If so do we know what the URL will be so I can let my sponsors know.
Thanks

Typed "rbrr register bnc615m" on the MMS phone number.

Then tried to send a picture on a separate message but no joy.

Would have loved to take some photos on the RBRR along the lines of "Here we are at the start", then "Here's us going onto the back of an AA lorry on the A10" but now, maybe not.

Jim.

Folks,
I made a small change to the software, which I don't really like doing after it's gone live (and came came close to accidently sending out a few hundreds SMSs!) but this should make things a bit easier for people to check that they registered for outgoing messages.
You'll notice that the name of sender is sometimes highlighted on the left of the message entry. This indicates that the sender's phone is registered on the entry list maintained by Jason.
So if you are the team entrant, ie the first name in the entry list, and your name is highlighted when you send a test then you will get broadcast messages, if not then you won't and you need to contact Jason.
Note that only the main entrant can receive these messages.

Keith

Well I can't get the message board to work, have tried registering for both SMS and email by texting/emailing Regitser then the reg number of both our original entry and the recently changed entry car. have sent several test messages but none are appearing yet....

Anyone else having problems?

Tim/Andy,

My mobile was already registered as the Entrant.

During the weekend, we also registered David, my co-driver's phone.

You should be able to register your phone even if you're not the Entrant.

However, we tried several different combinations of leaving a space between "register" and the car registration number before we got it to work.  Notice the excessive number of tests that we did! :B

There's also a time delay of a good few minutes before any message appears on the board.

I'd keep trying - it does work.

Jim.

All numbers I've been given will be registered tonight by Keith. Any that come in after that will go onto the final update which we'll do Thursday night. You can register all the crew's numbers but it's only the primary entrant who gets the emergency broadcast message (if one is ever sent). To register your own phone manually just send a text with "register xxx" where "xxx" is the numberplate of the car entered, use only one space after register and nowhere else, do not use punctuation, just letters and numbers.

The system can take a few minutes to pick up your messages and display them but have patience :-)

Just a note about a little undocumented feature of software that may be of use especially for those with Blackberries and the like.
If your device always inserts a lengthy signature that you can't switch off, put 'EOM' at the end of your message and that and everything after it  will be ignored.
This feature is known as the 'Jason filter'

Keith
;)

I know I'm probably being a bit thick here - as Chatterton will no doubt gleefully remind me of for the next millenium - but am I right in thinking the number we need to use is the '01...' number and not the '07...' number?

I have both in my phone and struggling to work out which ones' actually working...  ??)

I couldn't get the 01... number to work with SMS but had no problem with sending an SMS to the the 07... number, maybe it's because it's a company blackberry and it bocks sending SMS messages to 01 numbers or something.

Any way after a few nights of trying to get SMS working and failing dismally tonight I have SMS working to the 07... number and email work to the 10CR email address...

Keith wrote:
Just a note about a little undocumented feature of software that may be of use especially for those with Blackberries and the like.
If your device always inserts a lengthy signature that you can't switch off, put 'EOM' at the end of your message and that and everything after it  will be ignored.
This feature is known as the 'Jason filter'

Keith
;)

Oooh that sounds useful, think I'll try that one!

Right, I am now sorted.

I've realised that texts need to go to the '01...' number, but take a couple of mins to come through.

This realisation came about mainly from a couple of messages from the '07...' number this morning saying 'Do not reply to this number!'
They were (just about) polite enough to leave the word 'tw*t' out of it....

Good, it seems that most people are sorted now. Don't forget that the system will accept small video or audio clips through MMS as well as pictures should you feel the urge to do so.

There is a size limit of 500k on these in order to try and keep it accessible for for mobile devices.

Keith

Good, it seems that most people are sorted now. Don't forget that the system will accept small video or audio clips through MMS as well as pictures should you feel the urge to do so.

There is a size limit of 500k on these in order to try and keep it accessible for for mobile devices.

Keith

Dave,

The "01" number is for the texts.............. SMS. ie, normal texts from a mobile.

The "07" number is for MMS, which is pictures and data......... which your cheap-ass phone won't support.

Send them to 01, and there is a couple of minute delay.

We'll chat later on, but I'm about to upgrade my phone, so you may want to consider having my old one to get access to picture messaging and tinternet.

I am struggling!
I have tried sending 2 messages to the 01 number, but nothing is appearing. My phone should be registered already, but if it isn't can somebody pm the instructions (I am at work today, so net access is working until 3pm. May well be rather intermittant/non-existent at home)

Cheers
Clive

Archived