10CR: Top value or what!

Tim Bancroft

Just received this months copy of 'Classic and Sportscar'. Contained in the package was a copy of an organisation called 'Grand Touring Club - News' and their proposed iternary of events for the following year.
The cost of taking part in their events seems to range from approx £250 entry to loads of money! I admit that crews who enter will be staying in nice Hotels and that the events are aimed at the 'Well heeled enthusiasts'. Remember that this price does not include for costs such as fuel. etc.
Gotta say I much rather the Club Triumph type of event and reckon that the 10CR offers superb value for money.
Maybe fellow members do not appreciate how cheap this event (and the RBRR) are in comparison with other long distance driving events.

Tim - I like it low cost as adventures like this should be for as many people as possible.

With all due respect, the RBRR and 10CR can be done in a car bought off e-bay for less than a hundred quid. Throw in a tent and accomodation is sorted too.

And we all have a great time too!

Don't tell too many people tho - marking up 3 road atlases for every entrant is a bit of a daunting task if I think about it too much ;D

There's gotta be an easier way! Print it onto transparent sheets of plastic for people to overlay? Make the whole map printable from people's PCs? Stop fannying about and just do it?  ;D
I'm looking forward to it and when I have finished selling all my stuff, have paid back the wife and talked some idiots into doing it with me, I'll enter!

I think there's an investment in time and technology here that may or may not be worth it - marking maps is easier perhaps?
Maybe raider could mark one then put it up on a web page so participants can mark upi tehir own maps? The site could have a password to keep it secure and that would cut down on Raider's workload - unless you like marking maps Raider?

[quote by=jcarruthers link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1109619040,s=8 date=1109682197]Maybe he's using some funky munky highlighter pens...

[/quote]

Are those the vibrating ones?

Staying on thread though, i thnk the budget approach really does open it up for all.

Dean.

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1109619040,s=0 date=1109619040]Just received this months copy of 'Classic and Sportscar'. Containde in the package was a copy of an organisation called 'Grand Touring Club - News' and their proposed iternary of events for the following year.
The cost of taking part in their events seems to range from approx £250 entry to loads of money! I admit that crews who enter will be staying in nice Hotels and that the events are aimed at the 'Well heeled enthusiasts'..........

IL'LL SECOND THAT. HAVE DONE x8 RBRR'S , SOME OF THE BEST MOTORING MOMENTS EVER.... 

Like it says:" the club that does"
    With events like 10CR, 20CC ,RBRR etc there is always something to aim for involving proper road use , if you see what i mean, rather than static display. Thats what they are for and  always appreciate a damn good thrashing every now and then.

Archived