Only 168 hours to go.....

thescrapman

Yes they were very apollogetic about it ...they even got UPS to phone me to sort it out but a not very helpfull woman on the other end just said they would be here tomorow...when i asked her what the issue was with failing to deliver yeaterday as i'd paid for she didn't even offer an apology or an excuse

The Stag block is off to have some more machining today - missed spotting a cylinder liner that was protuding 5 thou above the top of the block.  No wonder head gaskets kept blowing!

I havn't given up on it yet, but I order to try and keep some sanity, I shall be checking out the Wedge today just in case!  

thescrapman wrote:
Excellent news Carl!

Just hope you have told the co-driver to be careful of the diff......

No need mate, she knows the score  ;)

I think that today was the first time my car has been road legal in well over a decade. I drove pretty gently as it needs a bit of running in but I 'forgot' myself briefly and planted my foot in 2nd getting away from a junction. Flippin' 'eck, pulls like a train. I can't wait to unleash it properly.

I've got to re-fit all the door seals and exterior trim (including screen finishers), wire in the front driving lamps, re-wire the headlights through relays, fit the oil cooler and maybe oil pressure gauge, buy a spare tyre and a few other minor bits 'n' bobs. Enough to keep me busy right to the wire. Gonna have a beer tonight though, chuffed to bits about the MOT  :D

Archived