hello one and all, I hope your prep is going to plan and you will ready for some fabulous driving in September :) I have recently driven a good part of the route with my son and we are all in for a treat.

The hotel list is appended for you all to see, and I am making a very serious request here. Would you all look at the list and if I have made any mistakes with those of you who have already contacted me then please give me a correction; for those of you who have not yet been in contact can I please request that you do so before this week is out? PM me or use paul@heatapps.com as my e-mail address.

The Bezier IBIS hotel list is full but I am talking to the ETAP hotel next door (100m away) and trying to get a similar deal for the remainder of the crews. Theo is doing a superb job in managing the Rolduc stop but he needs final numbers and more importantly the money in to Ellis because the deal we have at Rolduc requires the full amount to be paid over to them up front. Theo has reached the deadl;ine now and really needs final numbers so please respond as soon as you can.

Come on guys we are trying our best and it is for your benefit! If you know of someone who has not yet made a reservation point them in this direction pronto!

All the best guys,

P

JohnD wrote:
Hotels? HOTELS???????

What namby-pamby people have you recruited for this 10CR?
You sleep in the  car, or if you are a poof, in a tent.

Hotels, indeed!

John

Yes, we must be softies...... some of us even have roofs on our cars  :P

Nick

Gawd, the 10CR really has changed.
Jon & I did it (yes, in lunatic, roofless mode, on a year when the only sunny day was in Italy, and we had to take out the drain plugs in the floor in Austria) at least two events ago.    Never again, not because there was only one sunny day etc. etc, but because we thought that the ethos of non-stop driving, 24hrs a day, four days, one rest break, took 'endurance motoring' a step too far, towards dangerous exhaustion.  Maybe OK for three-in-a-team, but not two.

So nowadays it's hotel rooms for you young lads - en-suit as well!
I suppose thats the cue for the Pythons and the Yorkshiremen sketch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

Obadiah John

JohnD wrote:
we thought that the ethos of non-stop driving, 24hrs a day, four days, one rest break, took 'endurance motoring' a step too far, towards dangerous exhaustion.

But there wasn't one rest break - there were 2 overnights, it was from Thursday afternoon to Monday lunch inclusive  as opposed to the RBRR with similar mileage but no overnights and Friday to Sunday. There was only 2 of us in my TR7 but we did do camping as opposed to hotels - at Ventimiglia (great meal that night) and in Belgium where it was a superb night with BBQ and revelry.

Now if you want to talk about real driving - that was the recce in 2003 ;)

Raider,
That stop in Belgium hardly counts - it was right at the end, with only the channel to cross.
And as it had poured with rain for the previous 24, we thought "B*gg*r Belgium" and went right on by, bound for Blighty.

Ah! Memories!   They are still raw and painful.

John

PS Good luck, guys!  Have a really fun time!  J

I don't see how it hardly counts - we were there late afternoon and had a very relaxing evening & back to Blighty next morning 8)

http://club.triumph.org.uk/cgi-bin/album/album.pl?photo=10CR/10cr2005/10CR052.jpg

Archived