Non O/D (3.27) GT6

john2502

Hello all.

Just been browsing for cars, was ideally looking for one with overdrive due to the mileage I want to do with it.

One has come up for sale which is non-overdrive with a 3.27 diff.

My question is, how useable will this be at motorway speeds. Does anyone have this setup and have experience of motorway miles?

Not sure on it as it needs a bit of work and it isn't the best time for me, but it is the right colour and MK (MK2) so thought it worth asking.

Cheers in advance.

John

Cool. Cheers guys. I won't rule it out due to this then.

Yeah aware the bodywork is the main thing to look out for, just didn't fancy the added price of overdrive if I found it unbearable on the motorway/dual carriageway(s).

Out of interest any idea what sort of RPM it would be roughly at 70mph for a MK2 with this ratio? I know there are a few other factors but just roughly.

The 3.27 are total crap, would not touch them with a barge pole.
get the car bowt, and I,ll give ye a GOOD 3.89 in its spot.
Straight swap, can even fetch it to me shed to be changed, free of charge.

noo ye cant get a better offer than that noo can ye,(whistle)(whistle)

M

Looking for another 3.27 as a spare then Marcus  ;D

I have a 3.27 diff and overdrive in my MK3 gt6, nice long legs on the motorway but acceleration suffers a bit through the gears.
I did help this out by modifying my gearbox to also have overdrive on 2nd gear but that's another discussion altogether.

Triumph fitted the 3.27 as standard for cars with overdrive in the German market, possibly for longer legs on the autobahn.

http://www.canleyclassics.com/?xhtml=xhtml/diagram/gt6mkiiicentreassemblymountingdetailsoutershaftsandhub.html&xhtmlcatalogue=xhtml/catalogue/gt6mkiii.html&category=axlessuspensiondriveshaftsandwheels&xsl=diagram.xsl

Completely OK for the most part, but I did destroy the original one with my car.
Check your differential oil frequently!