PAS Steering arms, or not

thescrapman

Afternoon.

Quick question.

Which set is PAS and which set isn't.

or are both, or are neither.

The ones with the Track rod end attached came off a PAs equipped car, but they are the same as the ones on the 2 cars that do not have PAS. The other PAS car also seems to have similar ones, but is very greasy so I can't actually tell.

Cheers

Colin

According to my big saloon parts book 209349/209350 are for non PAS, 215210/215211 are for PAS so there must be a difference.  No pics of both though.  

Colin, given that both the Suffollk cars had been extensively modded, it's not unfeasible that they had non PAS arms and PAS racks!

so it looks like the green car had PAS retrofitted, and they didn't change the arms.

The Saffron car also had it retro fitted I think.

Need to go in search of more PAS arms.

Unless of course Stag arms differ to Saloon arms as I took the arms from a loose set of front suspension that could have been Stag.

Mmmmmmm

Colin

Dave Picton Thanks you all for your assistance. I have now sent him the correct ones.

We have now proven that both the PAS cars I have had the wrong arms, as has his 2000. And the car that Doug Thompson sourced the parts from....

Looks like plenty of people were driving around in the 70's and 80's with poorly handling cars.

Cheers

Colin

Archived