Very Heavy Steering

Chambers

Ive just moved my car for the first time in about 6 months after time driving a modern car.  Im not sure if it was me not being used to it or the sterring beeing extremely heavy.  Is there anything that should be lubed to help this?

Obviously it was only very low speed so that obviously had something to do with it

im the other way round, driving my spit 99% of the time im in a car, that odd time i have to drive a modern i start manhandling the steering wheel and nearly bin it because its so easy to turn. ??) brakes aswell, im used to putting some effort on the pedal, when i get in a modern i nearly give myself whiplash.

After driving my GT6 I'm all over the road when I get back in my daily driver it feels like the steering wheels not connected. I feel like Maggie off the intro to the Simpsons:P. I think all non assisted steering is a bit heavy from stationary (unless its a Lotus Elise or something similarly lightweight) but should feel much better once your going though.

yamaha_fizzy wrote:
im the other way round, driving my spit 99% of the time im in a car, that odd time i have to drive a modern i start manhandling the steering wheel and nearly bin it because its so easy to turn. ??) brakes aswell, im used to putting some effort on the pedal, when i get in a modern i nearly give myself whiplash.

Haha I do the same! Drove dad's Toyota Aygo for the first time this year last week, just gently pushed the brakes at the end of our road and did a full of emergency stop!  ??)

Archived