Witor Roller Rockers

James

Isn't Mr Sideways going to use them? Inlets only?

I think the 1.75:1 ratio is a bit extreme and need light head mods so the pushrods will still work... 1.65 is quite adequate in my book.....

I have used Goodparts RR (1.65:1 with his custom shaft) no issue so far in 3 years and lots of very hard use

Witor style I believe...

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/tr6tech/rockers.htm 

Goodparts style......

http://www.goodparts.com/parts_roll_rock.html

Pay money ... take choice  :P

My roller rockers I think came from chirs witor If i remember correctly they may have been triumph tune ones re-sold by chris.
The problem I had was with the adjusters.  I may have over tightened them - they do stretch when tightened and this can affect the valve clearance by a thou or two.
But the adjusters broke seemed to be poor quality adjusters. I had to replace all 12 cost about 6 quid each plus VAT P&P  from Moss at the time must have been a least a quarter or the cost of the original Roller rocker set up!
But that was twelve years ago I don't know about the current sets that are available.

For:
1. Increased valve lift and acceleration without using aggressive cam profile
2. Practically zero side loading on valve stem hence guide... =less wear
3. More lift for same duration if using increased ratio from standard (1.42 or 1.46?) = better torque
4. Less general top end friction / wear particularly with higher lift cams
5. Practically all current performance pushrod engines (read Aussie/American V8 )  use them as standard equipment.

Against :
1. Expensive 
2. May cause coil binding if poorly/dumbly fitted = need for correct springs
3. Increased loads on cam lobe,followers, cam bearings (or lack of) 
4. Need for cam bearings if to engineer properly... not really a failing just a consequence
5. Possibly some set ups better engineered than others ?

Poorly worded sorry...

What I meant to say was if you fit high ratio rockers and intend to rev the nuts off your trusty steed and it isn't one of those lovely Mk3 Spitfires you will need to do what the factory did and fit cam bearings otherwise you will be scrapping blocks with alarming holes appearing in the side as the cam seizes and rips a chunk of block off

This particularly important on the 2 litre six which can easily exceed 7000 revs. Nigel Gairs and Andy Roberts 2000 race engine run spitty cam bearings.

If you are fitting them for pose value  ;) and don't go past the Trumph orange sector... Don't worry about it....

Archived