The brake servo (replacement Lockheed remote unit) on my 74 GT6 MK3 started making an odd noise and ceased helping the brakes yesterday- it may have been on the car since the 1980s so it is no longer in its youth.  As repair kits look thin on the ground I'm looking for a replacement.
As mentioned on another recent post the Rimmers Bros servo is significantly cheaper than from the other usual suspects- from the photos they all look like identical Lockheed type servos.
Has anyone had any experience with a servo recently purchased from Rimmers or the others.  I would rather pay a bit more for one that will last but how do you know what you are getting?
Since my original post I have noticed that Moss list both a Lockheed servo and and aftermarket servo with a corresponding difference in price but both with the same picture- this might explain the prices differences differences noted above.
Chris

About 18months or so ago I bought one of the new servos from MGB Hive through ebay. I would not be surprised if they are all from just one or 2 sources? Mine was in a box labelled "Powertune".  Anyway, all seems well, no complaints and a decent price.
I bought the 1.9 version IIRC.....and watch out as some are sold as kits, others just the servo.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOCK.....ynRAbrlpMQzr2dbruU4g

EDIT just checked the rimmers site. The picture is identical to what I bought

Quoted from Chris Bottomley
Thanks for the responses guys.  I have the old Girling servo that came with the car- might look into getting it rebuilt but as it has been sitting around for 20 odd years I'm not too optimistic.

Might well work better after sitting that long than a brand new one...

Past Parts at Bury st Edmunds do rebuilds