Herald Respray/Restoration

Chris Hunter

Quoted from garyf
That's nice , Excellent Panel Fit too, especially the Doors, original Door skins by the look of it maybe?

Reminds me again of my First Car a 1200 Herald bought in 1981 for the sum of £175, that was Conifer with a Black Interior, no longer with us unfortunately, despite me coating the Chassis and Underside in Engine Oil!  

...You need to do the inside floorpan, inside the doors & bootfloor, under the backseat & spray or dribble it down every nook & cranny - not forgetting to do the underside of the rear deck (which I did - consequently it has suffered to the point of needing replacement...) It does work - but use cheap, new stuff NOT the carcinogenic, dirty, 'orrible old stuff that people slapped on in days of yore...

Quoted from Scimher

...You need to do the inside floorpan, inside the doors & bootfloor, under the backseat & spray or dribble it down every nook & cranny - not forgetting to do the underside of the rear deck (which I did - consequently it has suffered to the point of needing replacement...) It does work - but use cheap, new stuff NOT the carcinogenic, dirty, 'orrible old stuff that people slapped on in days of yore...

Hi.

Is the rear deck the center of car, above the back axle please.

Cheers Dave