Big saloon seats

Spitfire2500

My plan on the seats is to take the passenger seat out, drive to a large scrappers and go around testing and trying to see what fits and looks the best ... no doubt it won't be as simple as that ;-)

Anyways, I'm thinking a pair of black leather BMW 330Ci seats with the adjustable seat base extension and the built in seat belts would be good. Oh, and I expect to pay about $10 dollars for these ... and the guy at the scrappers will fit them and offer me a grand for my rare Triumph seats in return...

oh I nodded off and went into a dream there :-)

Been driving the Saloon for nealy a month now and it's currently on daily driver duties.

No problems with the seats so far. They're nothing at all like the seats in modern cars :) but I've got no complaints -- comfortable and seem to provide enough back support where I need it.

Plesantly surprised I have to say  :)

My black nylon seats from the 2500 Mk2 were sagged and through the back you could feel the reinforcement bar(s).
I installed black leather seats from a 1969 Jensen Interceptor. The seat runners only needed two metal bars bolted to them.
One and a half year, and 25000 kms later, I can positively recommend this setup!
Those seats may not easy to find though...

Dion

I'm thinking of using black leather BMW sportseats as used in the older 3 and 5 series myself.  The original mk1 seats don't look that comfortable to me. (backrest too short)

Those Bimmer seats give good support and also (if you find the correct ones) have vertical stitching to match the rear bench.

I have a set of Vauxhall Astra recaros fiotted to the grey car and must admit they are dammed good, better than the seats in the Honda I presently use. The only thing that puts me off are the covers- atrocious design.

Ellis/TR7 nutter has a set of Vauxhall Calibra front seats fitted to the bus and they are very good.

SAAB and Volvo were the first companies to actually start thinking about backs and the human anatomy when designing seats in '70s. As the Triumph seats are very soft I ownder how good they are for useds?

BTW I have a spare set of front seats from a mk1 in red if anyone wants them?

Must admit that the back seats are poor though- absolutely appalling for sleeping on- they tend to move forward and you drop into the chasm between the seat and backrest that is formed- then one gets to hear how good their diff and driveshafts are- I enjoyed this on the last 10CR through Austria- umm pleasant!

Archived