adjustable spring seats.

LadyScrumpy

Hello.

One of the front wheels is rubbing on my wheelarch.  I have adjustable spring seats on the shock absorbers. You can screw them up or down.
it's a gt6.
so to raise the ride height, do I adjust the spring seat upwards or downwards?  the geometry of the thing has just gone beyond me!  Common sense says up, to make the spring/shock unit longer.

But I've looked at it for so long now I don't seem to know right from left any more.

Thanks guys x

5458 wrote:
Hello.

One of the front wheels is rubbing on my wheelarch.  I have adjustable spring seats on the shock absorbers. You can screw them up or down.
it's a gt6.
so to raise the ride height, do I adjust the spring seat upwards or downwards?  the geometry of the thing has just gone beyond me!  Common sense says up, to make the spring/shock unit longer.

But I've looked at it for so long now I don't seem to know right from left any more.

Thanks guys x

You screw it up(?) to raise it up and vice versa to lower

Gordon

The weather is very temperate here, so a lot of what you folks do is very foreign to me.

Some I understand, like storing the car in winter, or having winter tires & summer tires, but some is mysterious:  do you really have different seats you put in during the spring?  Do you change them in summer or fall?  How do they differ?

1344 wrote:
Watch your track rod angles,I found when I wound my ajusters up to the height I wanted they were angled downwards which caused bump steer !
My car is now lower than I wanted,not by much but I do find speed bumps a pain

try using Marina track rod ends.  They have a larger offset so this allows the steering arm to sit better.

I might have got that the wrong way round (I have just woken up)
They might have been pointing upwards and I had to raise the ajusters to their uppermost position
to get them level (ish) which put the car up a bit.
When I have finished having my c#%p ( aren't these smart phones handy)
ill have a look !

1344 wrote:
I might have got that the wrong way round (I have just woken up)
They might have been pointing upwards and I had to raise the ajusters to their uppermost position
to get them level (ish) which put the car up a bit.
When I have finished having my c#%p ( aren't these smart phones handy)
ill have a look !

yes Dave when you lower the car the steering arms slope up causing bump steer.  The head of the marina rod end is off set to the thread so the steering arm sits lower while still maintaining your lowered ride height.  Marcus and UKsnatcher (gaz) have both contributed to a thread about this.  I am sure they will but in soon enough