Dash and Carpet

barrymknight

So plucked up the courage to fit my new carpets and attack the dashboard at the weekend and now all completed!

Molded carpet was so much easier to fit than I expected and really pleased with the results.

Sanded the dashboard right back, stained and lots of coats of plastic spray stuff to protect it, new shiny bezels and countless cuts scratches and bruises from head to toe!

Nice one Barry. I changed mine from black plastic to wood and then back. I see a photo like this one and I think, hmmm..... Oh well!

BTW fellow readers, it's a jpg file I think, so Windows Media Viewer thingy gets it open just fine.
Barry's changed the file name extension to mess us all up, but we see through his little plan.  8)

Thanks chaps. Sorry about picture format stuff. At my young age I should be more IT literate!

The grain of the wood was pure luck. After two days of sanding to get through the lacquer I took my eye off the ball and before I knew it I had sanded through the vaneer in places!! Big panic but then decided, as no going back, sand through the vaneer completely! Low and behold, I little sanding below the vaneer and this grain started to appear! Phew!

• 4 weeks later...