Rychu

Hello Folks,
Just been to see the paintwork that David at Anglian Triumph Services (GT6DavidMk1) has had done to my Spitty and I'm very happy and also excited that she will be back with me within the month.

However now I have to sort the interior out. I have already recovered all the panels etc myself but need to sort the seating and carpets. I read good reports of Park lane classics so will probably get the seat covers and foams from them but who would you recommend for the carpet?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Richard

David made my car in 1999. The paintwork was superb and still is 15 years later. Just having the ignition fixed at present but otherwise a delight. I recovered the seats a year ago and Park Lane were fantastic and highly recommended. I used leather and found fitting it fairly easy. Still has the black carpet fitted by David which is good quality.

Ive gone for Park Lane foam and leather seat covers. Quality very good but haven't fitted them yet. Ive also yet to fit the carpet set which is from Newton Commercial. This is a moulded set. Agree that the quality of the carpet is not great and is thinner than the set which my car came with. Don't think this will be a major issue though because it wont be getting masses of wear like a daily hack would.

I have posted before about this.
I fitted a Newton set to my Vitesse. That was a daily car for 13 years or so. he carpets were still excellent when I took the car apart. They were sold on and still in use.
The Newton carpet isn't the same as the original stuff, but it is very tough, and lasts very well. And it fits properly, nothing else fits as well. And despite what many seem to think, they look good in a car.