Carpet for Triumph Herald

keith417

1 hour ago, Rubce said:

Are you pleased with them Jonathan?

Oh yes, very much so, the main point being that they look far more like the original loop pile carpets than the usual Newtons carpets which are a very different material.

I haven't fitted them yet though, but I can't imagine the fit will be any different to any other Newton moulded carpets and they all seem to fit well.
I gave the passenger footwell carpet a trial fit and it looked good. (my original carpets are good but very faded, they will be restored in time)

IMG_9636.jpeg

IMG_9635.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, garyf said:

They look great🙂, is that an original Triumph Footwell rubber mat?

Regards

Gary

Hi, thanks, yes they are pretty good, I'm glad a I asked Newtons if they could try making some as they came out very well.

The mat is from a set of Spitfire mats I got from Paddocks, https://www.jamespaddock.co.uk/front-footwell-rubber-mats-pair-2

Fairly inexpensive but they look authentic and fit the Mk2 chassis Herald/Vitesse footwells extremely well.

Hi Jon,

I have just checked the Newtons website……. Cheeky so in so’s. They’ve used the photos of my car shortly after I fitted them . I reckon we should be in for a percentage of their future sales 😀.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Shepsy said:

Hi Jon,

I have just checked the Newtons website……. Cheeky so in so’s. They’ve used the photos of my car shortly after I fitted them . I reckon we should be in for a percentage of their future sales 😀.

Ha I noticed that too, I got a little bit of discount for being a guinea pig!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jonathan Joyce said:

Hi, thanks, yes they are pretty good, I'm glad a I asked Newtons if they could try making some as they came out very well.

The mat is from a set of Spitfire mats I got from Paddocks, https://www.jamespaddock.co.uk/front-footwell-rubber-mats-pair-2

Fairly inexpensive but they look authentic and fit the Mk2 chassis Herald/Vitesse footwells extremely well.

They look a good fit, a good price and period too, I must get some when I finally get another Vitesse.

Gary 

• Like 1