gt6 hi torq starter motor

spittyholly

Quoted from spittyholly
the standard starter was hitting exhaust downpipe it has a 3-2-1 manifold the little square at the end of starter for turning internals was hitting so ground it off to give it clearance.then it burnt out hence why I bought the hi  torq one

Ah, thank you. Now I understand.

John they also turn over at a much better speed, so the rrrrrrrrr,  rrrrrrrrrr,  rrrrrrrrrrr, rr rr r r r    r       r...   of the old starter nf a recalcitrent motor tends to become rr, rr, rr, rR ROAR!, quite a bit faster.

C.

Quoted from GT6MK3
John they also turn over at a much better speed, so the rrrrrrrrr,  rrrrrrrrrr,  rrrrrrrrrrr, rr rr r r r    r       r...   of the old starter nf a recalcitrent motor tends to become rr, rr, rr, rR ROAR!, quite a bit faster.

C.

I know that's what they say but I never had a problem with the standard starter on my GT6 and even with  11.4:1 compression on my 1500 engine it cranks it over without any problem. And the great thing is that they are cheap and plentiful.