What paint, for hidden body panels?

Richard B

I use Por15 for suspension components etc, but whats good to put on new (black primered) panels for the locations where that side is hidden?

Often you have to paint these parts before welding them in.

I used to use Hammerite but the formula changed; for the worst in my opinion, when they stopped using xylene.

What I normally do is brush on bonda prima then depending where it is stonechip and brush celly in colour to match car, if not seen at all bonda prima and then chassis black and weld throu primer on edge where welding
To be fair anything is better than nothing

Cheers Andy

I like bondarust - very good spec and easy to apply. Epoxy mastic (rustbusters) is also excellent, it can be used as a topcoat and seems extremely tough, the only downside is it has to be mixed from two parts so can be tricky to mix the correct amount for the job.

As bainzy said, Rustbusters is good.
I used it on my amphibious truck, and if doing a small job then just mix up a small amount, (I used two jam jars to measure the same amount then mix it in another pot) it is really good, strong stuff.
Once I mixed up too much and there was some left in the bottom of the pot! When it was dry it had set nice rubbery and hard! 🙂