Which Rear Spring

ghr630

jcarruthers wrote:
Dave - that is my photo - taken at the Goodwood Revival in 2005 I think.

What I meant was a copy of the standard rotoflex lower wishbone - but straight - and preferably adjustable - and not weighing 6 tons...

I know you do your light weight "bent" alloy ones - but with the CV conversions you don't need bent... a simple tubular and adjustable one would be stronger and cheaper?

I'll add it to the list...........

jcarruthers wrote:
I think the Volvo one as used on the Bowler CV conversion is a "Lobro"

Yes it is.  93mm version.  Like UJs they come in different sizes and the bigger they are the stronger they are.    Correctly sized lobro (or any other CV) will match a correctly sized UJ for strength/wear life.  Trouble with the std Triumph UJs is that they not correctly sized.  Barely adequate for torque never mind the suspension loads on the swing axle cars.  That's why the proper heavy duty ones last sooo much better than the cheap tat!

Nick

Classic Motorsports Mag built a spitfre track car with a tubular lower a-arm using the swing axle upright.they went through several stages but ended with cv axles ,rear disc brakes and coil over shocks.there  should be info on there web site.they also installed a mazda rotary engine and diff and front vented rotors and alloy calipers.

Archived