2500 block with 2000 head???

aaron77

First ... most 2000 heads are very similar to 2500 heads as 2000's ran a domed piston from 1972

Second .. if you did find an early 2000 head with the much smaller combustion chamber you will end up with about 11.5 :1 compression and you will break all your pistons PINK PINK PINK

Aaron - "tell me about tuning" is a little too vague for a decent answer :-) Suggest you do a little research/education first with a broad theory read - anyone suggest a good general article to start with? I had in mind a great web page set all about how to built a Spitfire performance engine (we're looking at principles now so it doesn't really mater what engine).
I cut my teeth on David Vizard's "How to modify your Mini" and "Tining A series Engines" but there are others - just choose a good old skool OHV engine and the principles are the same :-)

Hi Tim,

Gareth is still around - he got in contact with me last year through my website. He now runs a tuning company for Aston Martin's and Jags and still has some Triumph bits around. Think he races a Jag XJS.

I asked about his book - he doesn't have a copy himself as his lawyer has it as part of a copyright infringement case. ;)

He did mention if he could get the clubs interested he'd possibly look at republishing it.

Not sure if he'd reply to emails from me now though - I was going to import a diff from him but when I found out how much it was going to cost to get it past customs (he had given me a quote on shipping but it was only to a Customs clearance house) I pulled the pin on the deal - don't think he was overly amused.

Cheers,
Todd

Archived