Engine Mountings POSITION

system6

Hi .....Ive calmed down a bit now ....thanks for the replies reguarding steering rack gaiter wire clips >:(.....anyway engine mounting rubbers position ,  how should they fit  to the front turret? ...could some one post a photo?.....i've just put my engine in,   starting from the rear of the turret ,..rubber mounting then the packer/spacer then the webbing of the turret it self ...tried to look at photos on the net and i get the impression that the rubber mounting goes to the front of the turret.....
                 Thanks ALL........

MK3 gt6................I've tried them at the front of the turret and no good as gearbox mounting rubbers don't line up and sump hitting chassis , i've now put it back to where i had it yesterday the same as in my first post...i'm sort of happy the way it is now but would like it if possible some-one to post a photo
                                            Thanks ALL

8940 wrote:
Hi .....Ive calmed down a bit now ....thanks for the replies reguarding steering rack gaiter wire clips >:(.....anyway engine mounting rubbers position ,  how should they fit  to the front turret? ...could some one post a photo?.....i've just put my engine in,   starting from the rear of the turret ,..rubber mounting then the packer/spacer then the webbing of the turret it self ...tried to look at photos on the net and i get the impression that the rubber mounting goes to the front of the turret.....
                 Thanks ALL........

I`m sure that is correct,can`t check...our GT is in storage

you can also swap over the engine block brackets if you can't get satisfactory alignment.they are off set and will allow extra scope for adjustment,ideally you want the mounts on the front of the turret otherwise it is a right faff to get them out if behind and you want/need to change them without removing the engine completely :)

The correct and original position is in front of the turret flange.  See pic, from original WSM for Vit 2-litre and Mk1 GT6.

Putting the mount behind is a cunning way in a Vitesse of obtaining an essential quarter of an inch of extra clearance between fan pulley and radiator.  That is worthless in a GT6, as there is anough room there to hold a dinner for six.

I'm surprised that you speak so casually of putting the mount in front or behind.   In the Vitesse, it is a struggle that needs some minor trimming of the mount to get it into the slot behind the turret flange.   But once there, the gearbox mounts are fine, esp. if you use an Overdrive, and you have a small advance towards even front-to-rear weight distribution.

JOhn

Hi all ....I've found the problem with the engine mounts...I put the bracket that mounts to the engine on the wrong side when i looked a little more closly brackets are off-set :B...when i swapped them round every-thing lined up/fell into place ...and the rubber mountings do go at the front of the turret.....Thanks again for all your replies