1972 GT6 MK3 Tyre size

Keith Slais

Dear GT6 Enthusiasts
Hope you are keeping well!

I am from Malta and a proud owner of a 1972 GT6 which came all the way down from the UK. I would like to ask which tyre size is the best for my GT6? Any preferred make? It will not be a daily runner but surely a weekly and a fast one indeed :)

Can you please let me know which tyre size is most comfortable for the GT6?

Thanks and regards,
Keith

Original would be 155 80 13 (actually 155 13, nowadays we have the 80 added!)

A good alternative is 175 70 13 which is wider but the same diameter, so the speedo is accurate. Also better availability.

Buy premium brands, michelin, goodyear, dunlop, etc for a good tyre.

Will 175 70 13 tyres fit on the standard steel wheel?  I'm currently on 155s with the original wheels. I only fitted new Firestones 155s 2 years ago as I didn't think that 175s would fit??   The tyre fitter actually asked me what they were for as they are a tiny tyre! ;-)

Useful info sheet on tyres and what rims sizes they fit.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CFUQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lvvta.org.nz%2Fdocuments%2Finfosheets%2FLVVTA_Info_01-2009_V2_Tyre_Size_to_Wheel_Size_Compatibility_Guide.pdf&ei=wHFDVbGAEcXaat3KgeAD&usg=AFQjCNEVuw8EPw0Z1BD5QmarJ51otiUQAQ&sig2=iYfwYGsiZTEzukN_UyWskw&bvm=bv.92291466,bs.1,d.d24&cad=rja