Another tyre thread

1300_wales

Hi guys,

I have just bought a nice shiney set of weller 6J steel wheels to replace my set of 4 spoke revos (2 5.5J and 2 7J) and was after some tyre advice. I have falkens on my revos with 175 70 on the 5.5's and 205 60 on the 7's. I can re use the 175 70 tyres on 2 of the wellers because they have barely worn since I bought them but what tyres should I put on the other 2 wheels as the 205's are too wide. or should I just sell the revos with all four tyres on rather that selling them with only 2 tyres and get a complete new set for the wellers?

Decisions Decisions

Thanks,
Mike

Hi

I already have 2 205's on my spit on the rear wheels with 7 inch revos which fit under the arches perfectly and they arent rolled cut or altered at all, what my dilemma at the moment is what do I put on my new wellers, do i take 2 175's of my front revos and strech them onto a 6 inch rim a spend a little bit on 2 new 175's or do I spend twice the money on 4 new 185 tyres?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Freebird,

Theres always one to start an argument isn't there  ;D

I will PM you when i sort the wheels out. Will probably be sometime towards the end of next week.

and I'l have you know that my luggage rack is perfectly fitted the correct way round and can even fit my mountain bike on it.

And now we wait for someone else to post a luggage rack picture with it fitted the supposed right way around. ;)

Thanks,

Mike.

One reason that my Luggage rack is fitted that way anyway is the design of the TR4A luggage rack
which can only fit in one way and thats with the raised bar at the rear like the one here:

http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=25209

I am not connected to the seller or sale of the car in the link.

Thanks,

Mike.

Does it matter what way round.  I know some say it's to stop whatever you have on it hiting you in the back of the head.
But If you tie the luggage on  correctly then that should not happen.
I fitted mine with the lip at the back because I think it looks better. Anyway I've had it on over ten years and never carried anything on it.
Mines bolted through the boot so if I ever decide on another respray I may not fit it again.
When these racks are bought new do they come with instructions on which way round they should be fitted ?

Oh dear, what have I started??

Aaron

I like your black hard top and might spray Joe's one black too - right now it's black in the middle dipped bit, but only 'cos I ran out of red paint.

PS: What have I done to my Triumph today? - nothing, but on Sunday I fitted the hard top - or tried to. I need some longer studs for the header rail. Ooops - wrong thread - apologies for the massive drift.

Glen.

Freebird wrote:
The luggage rack is on back to front - there, someone had to start it!

I would love those revos on our Spit. so do let us know when they are for sale. Got them on the Vitesse already.

I got curious and checked advertisments from the 1960s selling these racks (or ones like them).  They show the rack fitted with the vertical hoop to the rear.
                                                                             Cheers,
                                                                              Paul

Freebird wrote:
Oh dear, what have I started??

Aaron

I like your black hard top and might spray Joe's one black too - right now it's black in the middle dipped bit, but only 'cos I ran out of red paint.

PS: What have I done to my Triumph today? - nothing, but on Sunday I fitted the hard top - or tried to. I need some longer studs for the header rail. Ooops - wrong thread - apologies for the massive drift.

Glen.

Mine's just hammerited, nothing special, but I think it looks quite smart, and I'd certainly have no hope of matching the bodywork! (50 shades of faded red :P ).

Hardtop, I've got two studs thread-locked into the captive nuts in the hardtop, much easier than the original method!

My hard top is cellulose gloss black and it still has the original studs to bolt through the header rail,

Every time I fit it though I have to get someone to press down on the front of it to pust the studs far

enough through to get a nut and washer on. the seal makes this harder aswell because its quite thick rubber.

Thanks,

Mike.