Door Bar Rental

sx2visuvesi

I agree, make one!

How far is your car stripped? When I did dirks spitfire (see mk2 restoration) I welded in a cross frame, a big 'X' that way it supports the tub, but allows you the room when you lean into the car for welding the sills, no banging your head on the bar!
It is now fitted into the mk3 awaiting the sills to be chopped out!

I ended up ordering one from the tssc which I will probably sell on once we have finished with it
It's only one outer sill that needs replacing so it's really just for extra security.
The interior is pretty much stripped out as it needs a full retrim.
Once we get started at the weekend we will start posting pictures

Quoted from Velocita Rosso
£70.00 for a piece of bar....?

Not quite, it is a well made bit of kit, decent clamps at each end and an adjuster so you can open (possibly close) the doorgaps.
No doubt could be made at home for a fair bit less, however not that straightforward to make. Unless you have LH taps/dies laying about!
Guess buying a large turnbuckle would get over that, and there are other more intrustive ways of attacking a bar (welding or drill/bolting)

However, if just the outer sill (anybody taking bets on the diaphragm sill?) then one may net be needed?

I only have a finite amount of time to do these things (I have a full time job and a family) so sometimes it makes sense to buy in something ready made and knowing it will work first time rather saving a few pounds fabricating my own parts.

As for the inner sills.... Looks good so far :0
We have a USB endoscope so drilled a few holes in the knackered sill and had a look inside

Quoted from Marc F
Heavy to post, but I have one that I am finished with so if you are in Essex feel free to let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for the offer.... I bought one from the tssc shop in the end

However I do want to remove the body tub from mine in the near future so a 2nd one might be useful

I'll drop you a PM to discuss