Gearbox Tunnel Cover

Matt306

In taking my spit IV to pieces the gearbox tunnel needed replacing. No worries thought i as Honeybourne Mouldings had sold me an incorrect tunnel previously when purchasing one for my herald. They sent me a correct on and i kept the incorrect one with there blessing.

I thought this will save me a pound or two, however putting it in my spit IV today its about 3-4 cm too short and a little low in height. 

I know Spit IV and later have different tunnels to the earlier models, is this the diffence and i have a Spit tunnel for a Mk 1-3??

Ah, never stumbled across a very early spit (in terms of spannering) but I can't imagine it was that different, maybe a detail? 

If the only issue is the shortness I would make up a larger cover plate, assuming it fits OK elsewhere despite being a little low. Knowing the FG companies, they probably took a mould from inside rather than outside or suchlike..... (25 years ago I fitted a FG bonnet to our mk3 spit. Couldn't get it right,not even close. Then measured it 3" too short!!!)