WIMPUS

Wimpus are you saying that you front disks are 0.75 mm thick or the pad has 0.75 mm left on it?  This seem very thin to me. Unfortunately I can't tell you what they should be as I have ventilated discs on my Spitfire. From dim and distant memory I would guess that they would be 8mm thickness.

Martin  

I would have thought minimum rotor thickness would be dependent upon how hard one brakes - regardless if there is a 'legal' limit... If you drive fast and brake hard, then I would say the minimum thickness to be greater than for some-one who drives Miss Daisy, as more heat generated and more likely to warp...

Are the originals about 8mm thick?? If so, you have roughly 6.5mm thick rotors, so few miles left in them yet

Quoted from Jonny-Jimbo
No, I think he means the groove worn into the disc by the pad is 0.75mm thick, or if you prefer, the 'lip' at the edge of the disc where the pad doesn't run, and so the disc isn't worn down.

You are spot on what i mean !

Quoted from stevegt6
I would have thought minimum rotor thickness would be dependent upon how hard one brakes - regardless if there is a 'legal' limit... If you drive fast and brake hard, then I would say the minimum thickness to be greater than for some-one who drives Miss Daisy, as more heat generated and more likely to warp...

Are the originals about 8mm thick?? If so, you have roughly 6.5mm thick rotors, so few miles left in them yet

The original discs are 9,5mm it seems (via the triumph exp forum).
and seems the min thickness is 8mm..

so...

Quoted from piman
Hello Wim,

measure the disc not the lip, the outer rim gets very rusty and could give you a false reading.

Alec

^^^^ This!

Your discs will not be worn out after one (or part of one set) of M1144s.  Mine (OK, thicker Vitesse ones) are still good after eating one set of M1144s and 2/3 set of the harder DS2500.

Nick