Peter McEvedy

I want to change the fuel hoses on my GT6 - Having measured them, they seem to be between 6 and 8 mm internal bore! What is the definitive size? I also want to change the heater hoses and hoses from the rocker cover to SU carbs. Any ideas of official internal bores as mine all seem to measure differently!! Need changing as looking a bit cracked in places!! Searching the site suggests 6mm for the fuel line but last post in thread says these won't fit!!

The factory fuel line from the fuel pump around the front of the engine & stopping at the front right corner of the engine was a metal line.  More than a few were mangled leaving just a stub at the pump from which some ran rubber fuel lines instead.

From fuel tank to fuel pump was 5/16"(8mm) OD metal line. From pump to carbs was 1/4" (6mm) metal line in two pieces. One from pump around outside of distributor to behind coil around front of block under waterpump as Bill Hopper said, the second was a brazed affair that connected the two carbs to the first line. There are only three 1/4" ID rubbber hoses  about 2" long each.

Jim

Archived