Chrome head light surrounds

George92

Yes, longer earlier and shorter later. The change may have been around 1964-1965; it's hard to tell for certain. I can look in my various Lucas catalogues, but that's no guarantee of absolute accuracy, either (I've found errors in those catalogues before -- shocking, I know)!

There is a chap in New Zealand selling new old stock short ones at the moment for a good price- $300 NZD / £168-  His name is Steve Douglas and he's contactable on the Triumph Herald International page on Facebook- I could probably come up with an email address if you dont do FB-
Reckons he's got about 10 sets according to the ad

Ive never bought repro ones but Id be wary of the chrome on anything modern- it all seems crap

Quoted from Jonny-Jimbo
There's a guy who's having them reproduced out of brass I think too. Not 100% sure on the quality of them, but I assume like Lloyd with his panels, he's going for the best quality possible.

Any more details on this? Brass seems to me a much better idea than "monkey metal" - as a neighbour of mine with an engineering background calls it 😀

Quoted from Jonny-Jimbo
There's a guy who's having them reproduced out of brass I think too. Not 100% sure on the quality of them, but I assume like Lloyd with his panels, he's going for the best quality possible.

I believe those are the ones of which the Cambridge TSSC AO has recently purchased a pair for his 1200-bonnetted Vitesse (or is that Vitesse-engined 1200?)
They do appear to be good quality.

• 4 weeks later...

Quoted from Gt6s
It was Bob Rowland who was getting them made. At least it was him selling those anyway. Can be looked up by name on Facebook.

Laurence

He still hasn't come through for me.  I sent him three hundred quid back in June, and as soon as he got the money he went quiet.  I found a phone number somewhere and left him a voicemail, then he got back to me saying he'd been unwell and he'd get it done soon.  Silence.  That was a month ago.

• 1 month later...

Quoted from benblaney

He still hasn't come through for me.  I sent him three hundred quid back in June, and as soon as he got the money he went quiet.  I found a phone number somewhere and left him a voicemail, then he got back to me saying he'd been unwell and he'd get it done soon.  Silence.  That was a month ago.

Ben were those NOS ones I gave you the link to on Ebay any good?

to paulman  i'm bob Rowland i have had  no feed back from you  regarding the covers i sent you you need put your complaint  to me not flash it all over the Webb before i find out about it my details are known theirs  many ways  to contact me these covers have a number stamped it in side them if
i know the number then i will sort out the problem out all these remade bezels are checked before they go for chroming and sent out for posting and yes i have been ill in the last six mouths so that's put the order system out and you lot need to get your facts right before you start slagging me off  i don't need do these i have a good mined to stop doing them at least i'm doing something to make them available again if you don't like it  what i'm doing then get them from Rimmmer bros hang on you can't they  just sell pitted one's

"Total silence with me too, I bought two, they took over a year to arrive, then one was damaged. No answer to my e-mail queries. I tried to support it as it was a worthy venture, but I've been poorly repaid."

Sorry Bob, but it's nothing but the facts and it's not all over the Web, in fact I've suffered in silence up until now and this is the first comment on the items anywhere on any forum. I bought two of these in November 2015, eBay item 191736317786, which arrived around November 2016. One was imperfect. I immediately messaged you via eBay, quite politely and positively commenting on the quality of the items but asking if anything could be done about the imperfection ie did you have another?  No reply. Shortly after this your eBay account was closed. I did not leave negative feedback; I still maintain as I did in my post that it's a worthy venture and worth supporting, but with no replies, no messages and no updates for almost a year, what else can I do?
If you've been unwell, I wish you all the best for recovery but as I'm not on Facebook, I can only go with the contact details I have.