Windscreen chrome trim fitment advice

Rubce

Hi All

Can any of you give me some useful tips on how to fit the chrome trim (plastic) onto the windscreen rubber? Trying to get it to fit on the corners appears to be a bit of a bugger! :'( My plan is to fit the chrome to the rubber& screen before fitting the windscreen to the car.

Thanks

Bruce

I installed the rubber around the glass first , then installed the screen + rubber in the car and then did the trim ..

We had a try with the trim attached .. but that fell of after 5 min .. also because the rubber bents in the corners and everywhere a bit .. After you installed the glass you will need to put the rubber a bit so it sits good (that was the case on my car ! & we got the screen out twice and installed it 3 times , then we where happy with it  :o )

I used a nylon rope (3mm) that you get in that flap where the trim sits in .. and then it's a case of pushing the trim a bit in and slowly get the rope out and pushing the trim in ..  (where it's in, tape it down!)

The corners ... well they are very difficult  :B I made up something from a piece of wire so i could get the rubber in the chrome trim  :o

Re-done the trim  2 times and it's still not like in the factory .. but better then nothing  :)

Ps.: the trick is patented by my mother (she came up the idea of using a piece of rope for it   :P )

[Sorry, link no longer available]

Looks good.  
I gave up and left to to the people that do it for a living, it took 2 men the better part of the day and they said that they would never do another.  Too bad because I've now got a new windscreen waiting to go in after paint (whenever that happens).

I believe they took the windscreen out, placed the new trim into the new rubber, finally  inserted the glass and then massaged the completed assembly into the car.