pimp my vit

Still struggling with my starter motor and today noticed that the choke cable got hot while cranking so I guess this is a earthing issue? Yes?

How many earns should it have, one at the engine front N/S but where is the other end? Chassis?

Does the gearbox get a earth? what about body to chassis?

Any help appreciated as this is really getting me depressed.........

Refurbished Starter, new solenoid and a good battery fitted.

OK new dawn/new day and starting again with a clear head, cleaned earth points and changed the front strap as original was a bit thin, car turning over but not fast enough to start (wouldn't start anyway as no coil) choke and flexi clutch line now cold so earth problem is sorted. Hook up jump leads from Scirocco and car turning over quite fast (enough for it to fire) so wasted £20 on a new solenoid and had the starter motor off the car twice and apart three times, this nonsense has taken three weekends to sort out!!

So now to my battery, it charges (it has a little green window to show charged) I reads 12.5 volts across the terminals, a bit more when fully charged, spec of the battery is 63Ah  -18c  570A  any thoughts? can a battery have 12 + Volts and yet not have any cranking power........

So now to my battery, it charges (it has a little green window to show charged) I reads 12.5 volts across the terminals, a bit more when fully charged, spec of the battery is 63Ah  -18c  570A  any thoughts? can a battery have 12 + Volts and yet not have any cranking power........

yes, i have loads of battery,s that wont start a car but will hold 12v, use them to power my electric fence with horses,one battery will last about 2 weeks, but wont start a car, your local moto factors auto shop should have a tester to simulate cranking of a starter,make sure it is fully charged first

Archived