TR6 fuel injection pressure relief valve assembly

Hughbert

Do you need just the pipes or do you need the end fittings too? You can pick up the pipe kits quite cheaply off eBay (James Shackford) or you could just use the truck air brake line that I've been using for years - can be had in black, red or clear.

You can buy unions and custom flexible hoses from "Think Automotive" in Isleworth. Then with one of the good Pipe Flearing kits you can make up the solid pipes to fit your car / installation.

Malcolm at Prestige is also very good for supplying PI specific parts

piman wrote:
Hello Hughbert,

I presume you have tried E-Bay as there is often P.I. parts for sale there.
Prestige injection do an improved valve if you are interested.

Alec

Yes I am about to list some of my spare stuff soon - seem to have accumulated more or less three sets! :-/

piman wrote:
Hello Hughbert,

I presume you have tried E-Bay as there is often P.I. parts for sale there.
Prestige injection do an improved valve if you are interested.

Alec

Thank you Alex for you advice I have tried ebay with no real luck I bought a couple of pipes and when I got them one had a fine split in it and the other one had a very bad kink in it at some time and could not be used. I have not seen any other pipe parts on ebay for a while now. :)
Hugh

JohnD wrote:
And Malcolm has developed his own modern replacement foir this ancient, and difficult to adjust, part.
http://www.prestigeinjection.net/pumps.htm

John

Thanks John for the link I am planning to use all original parts on my car including a reconditioned Lucas pump. I am using a pump in tank to supplement the Lucas pump. I will though keep the option of using the mordern replacement as a back up :)
Hugh

Richard_B wrote:
You can buy unions and custom flexible hoses from "Think Automotive" in Isleworth. Then with one of the good Pipe Flearing kits you can make up the solid pipes to fit your car / installation.

Malcolm at Prestige is also very good for supplying PI specific parts

Many thanks for the info Richard I will keep the option of Prestige as a backup if I fail to find OEM parts. :)
Hugh

Jason wrote:
Do you need just the pipes or do you need the end fittings too? You can pick up the pipe kits quite cheaply off eBay (James Shackford) or you could just use the truck air brake line that I've been using for years - can be had in black, red or clear.

Thanks Jason for the info on the truck air brake line option sounds good. I am after any pipe kit parts and ebay has been a washout for me a few times but I will continue to watch out for parts on there. ;)
Hugh

Hello Hugh,

"I am using a pump in tank to supplement the Lucas pump"

That is not necessary, as long as your pump is in good condition. The best thing to do is to fit a relay to feed the pump, with heavy cable for the power side of the circuit, the extra voltage makes a big difference to the pump performance and reduces pump overheating.

Alec

Hughbut, I would nae bother with standard pipes, will cause you too much grief.
Make yer own up to length as needed, BUT not to original sizes.

ye need to make em a lot langa so they go around back of cyl heed, along heater box area,
this way,the pipes will no be gettin heat soak frae the hot rocker cover as much.

I did this when I run PI on the GT and it really helped out with the petrol vaporising probs.
Dont care what any one says, You will get probs with air in fuellines,due to heat soak
and vaporisation probs. moer so on a GT than sal  PI or TR

M

Alec

I think the helper pump is because the car is a GT6, so you can not get the required "head" of fuel as you would be able to in a TR6 or PI saloon.

I would still buy one of Malcolms PRV's and perhaps disguise it somehow. The originals are just a pain to adjust.

Cheers

Colin

piman wrote:
Hello Hugh,

"I am using a pump in tank to supplement the Lucas pump"

That is not necessary, as long as your pump is in good condition. The best thing to do is to fit a relay to feed the pump, with heavy cable for the power side of the circuit, the extra voltage makes a big difference to the pump performance and reduces pump overheating.

Alec

Hi Alec I have heavy cable and a relay and I still think the tank in pump route is necessary as it will reduce the work load of the recondition Lucas punp as it the fuel will be at 40psi before it gets to the Lucas pump which can only help the work load of it.

Hello Hugh,

I'm not sure if my pump theory is 100% but won't feeding the Lucas pump at 40 psi also increase the final output pressure thus overloading the pressure relief valve, i.e adding approximately 40 psi to the Lucas pump output?

Alec

thescrapman wrote:
Alec
I think the helper pump is because the car is a GT6, so you can not get the required "head" of fuel as you would be able to in a TR6 or PI saloon.
I would still buy one of Malcolms PRV's and perhaps disguise it somehow. The originals are just a pain to adjust.
Cheers  Colin

I was told by Malcolm himself that the OE lucas pump was a "good sucker", and needed no head to draw fuel up, whereas the Bosch pumps need a few inches.
I use a lifter pump to fill a swirl pot with fuel to avoid 'slosh' leadding to air in the fuel lines.  That pump doesn't pressurise the main pump and the pot is mounted less than six inches above my Bosch.

John

piman wrote:
Hello Hugh,

I'm not sure if my pump theory is 100% but won't feeding the Lucas pump at 40 psi also increase the final output pressure thus overloading the pressure relief valve, i.e adding approximately 40 psi to the Lucas pump output?

Alec

Hi Alec I should have put it lifter pump with with 40psi  because it was a GT6 as Colin has  :-/
Hugh

thescrapman wrote:
Alec

Cheers

Colin

Hi Colin yes well spotted its for a GT6 I should have said that at the start I will look at Malcolms PRV'S thanks
Hugh

JohnD wrote:

I was told by Malcolm himself that the OE lucas pump was a "good sucker", and needed no head to draw fuel up, whereas the Bosch pumps need a few inches.
I use a lifter pump to fill a swirl pot with fuel to avoid 'slosh' leadding to air in the fuel lines.  That pump doesn't pressurise the main pump and the pot is mounted less than six inches above my Bosch.

John

I think it was Andy Thompson who told me a lifter pump would help the Lucas one but its was sometime ago and I could be mistaken.
Hugh

8017 wrote:

Hi Ted did you get my pm also when are you listing your spare stuff three sets please
Thanks
Hugh

Yes Hugh ..... just, sorry.
Been up to my neck sorting my car trailer so that I could collect my early Mk1 saloon yesterday after major body surgery (dance)

Ted